Author Topic: This AI is awesome.  (Read 220808 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: This AI is awesome.
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 12:39:37 pm »
Well, I like to use them defensively myself, honestly -- it's great for having impromptu tractor beam fields, I really like that.  But yeah, offensively the AI has much better opportunities than the humans for that sort of thing.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dragon

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 06:55:31 pm »
How do I make them activate their tractor beams?

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 07:23:39 pm »
They'll do it automatically turn it on when coming into short range of an enemy ship; only problem is that on FRD, they don't drag units back to their FRD point ::)
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 07:06:50 am »
They'll do it automatically turn it on when coming into short range of an enemy ship; only problem is that on FRD, they don't drag units back to their FRD point ::)

chriiiiiiiiiiissss  ;D

Offline soMe_RandoM

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2010, 03:58:34 am »
AI Doom is awesome they hardly in game (I'm currently in) never ever send Ai waves to any of my planet they store them and wait till they get up to the 1,000 then the split forces into attack forces of 250 then attack multiple planets :D they are just awesome. but anything lower than 7-9.5 they do send the waves to the planet and 6 is just an disappointment D: i might be wrong with 7-9.5 but i haven't tested it with this current map :D but it still awesome
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27:21 am »
Yea, anything less than 7 is mostly just for beginners or to counterbalance some insane other piece of challenge :) 

But are you saying that only Diff 10 gives you a challenge? ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline soMe_RandoM

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:50 pm »
once i get double godlike + double Paragon (same time) as it will show when it achieved XD well once that over and done i wont waste time earning (unless i already got achievement then ill use lower ai) than 9. for multilayer ill play with AI i have won against unless other want to vs 1-2 DOOM AI but i I try a lot of maps to see setup stage before 1st wave and see how well i go before i even lose i quit LOLs much easier to quit then wait for defeat as if all else fails trying to defeat an ai in an game is just unplug computer.  

EDIT: rebel colony need my help thus time to spam lightning missiles to clear out those nasty 300 core ships waiting on other side. edit: well i saved the rebel colony with 20 mins left so i decided to use my transports carrying as an distraction as they hold my engi and colony. then when all the SFC units where outside the planet i then wait till it got destroyed and place command station on the other side :D with engi i set up mrk 4 HB Cannon before they even came back then i moved most of my HB cannon to the SFC Planet i am currently on. 12 HL C after and now i can keep this system indefinably FYI building those rebal ships behind enemy sometimes splits there forces so half are attacking HB C where they destroy.

wow 3 mining golem have taken 3 useless AI planets that have a lot of ions one of AI useless planets has 4 crystal :D that not worth it as i could take planet with 11 stuff on it :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:32:05 am by soMe_RandoM »
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

Offline Jesterman

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2010, 11:31:01 am »
I've started noticing some somewhat sad bits of predictability in the AI.
for one, if a planet has an ion cannon, the Ai will pretty much always attack it first. This creates a bit of too easy of a choke point/distracion.

I can simply slap down a lvl 1 ion cannon, put alll sorts of defenses around it, and as long as it doesnt die, the whole system is safe.

Dont you think the AI should be able to circumvent this exploit?

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:25 pm »
let me get this straight - you have a system so important, you placed a very good deal of resources down to protect it (mk1 ion is 200km and 200kc..  PLUS any other defenses... ) and your complaining that it defends too well?

Allow me to put it this way - Thats not an exploit, thats a playing doing good strategic thinking.

Also, once the AI hits mk2, things get interesting.  :D
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010, 12:06:42 pm »
Well, the AI should probably have a more nuanced reaction to those kinds of irreplaceable buildings.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2010, 05:01:11 pm »
yeah, the mass driver 'damage spounge' tactic is a serious exploit

Offline Jesterman

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2010, 08:42:20 am »
let me get this straight - you have a system so important, you placed a very good deal of resources down to protect it (mk1 ion is 200km and 200kc..  PLUS any other defenses... ) and your complaining that it defends too well?

Allow me to put it this way - Thats not an exploit, thats a playing doing good strategic thinking.

Also, once the AI hits mk2, things get interesting.  :D

To clarify, it attacks the cannon, not the planet.
Meaning, you could have your economy for that planet completely unguarded while an ion cannon or mass driver is bristling with defenses. the ai will ignore EVERYTHING to attack only the ion cannon. I think this should be fixed.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2010, 10:45:28 am »
ok lets put it the other way.

You are a giant galactic empire ruler who currently has a thorn in his side. You decide to attack x planet of this rebel insurgency.

It has a giant gun that kills each of your units with one shot. Destroying this gun will make the planet considerably easy to retake.
It has a bunch of resources, that will do minor indirect damage to the insurgency. They do not decrease defenses, nor anything of import.
It has a command station, which probably is the only thing in the system to provide scout intel, but thats more or less the only thing it does.

Which target do you choose?
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2010, 10:54:12 am »
Well, it depends; if you've only got a medium force and that ion cannon is defended by the "Turret Ball of Doom +3", the other targets may make more sense ;)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2010, 11:15:08 am »
well, maybe uh, you should make that so kieth?  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk