Author Topic: Version 1.0 now out!  (Read 6568 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Version 1.0 now out!
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=The_Last_Federation_Alpha_Release_Notes#Version_1.0.21

Restart steam to force a quicker update if you like.  Or if you have the GOG.com version, then there is a little button that will have appeared on the main menu screen.

What's new?

1. The last 28 achievements for the game.
2. Slowing down "out of your control" racial attitude and influence shifts, to keep the situation from drifting so quickly as you play.
3. The way that buildings and techs affect RCI values is a lot more sane, leading to RCI values that won't be so insanely high.
4. Planets changing hands are bad bad bad news for the RCI values, now.
5. RCI values now affect more, which gives you further options via sabotaging or aiding them.
6. Several improvements to dealing with large fleets attacking a planet/outpost, letting you do more there.
7. Battles that go on for a long time now get progressively more dangerous (for all sides) as attack power creeps up after turn 50 now.

About an hour and a half to go until the release on Steam, Humble, and elsewhere. :)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:58:36 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Version 1.0 now out! (In advance of release anywhere but GOG.com)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »
Good luck! The game really started shaping up in the last couple of weeks. I was worried for a while that you weren't going to have enough time to do the necessary polish, but it all worked out. Hopefully this game will crack the top 10 in the Steam sales chart upon launch. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Oh! Major props to the testers, they were amazing. Having wave after wave of them seemed to work well, too.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:17 pm »
Congrats :D! All will be well - I feel it...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »
I'm sitting here refreshing the Steam page every few minutes hoping that by "1 hour" it really means "significantly less than 1 hour" LOL.

Can't wait to try it out. :)

I'm really happy for you guys...this is looking to be a fantastic game and your best work to date. :D

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »
Coming Soon: This item is not yet available...  Steam...  Your countdown SUCKS!

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »
Coming Soon: This item is not yet available...  Steam...  Your countdown SUCKS!

Haha. I was just about to say...

Oh well.  Chris said it's coming, and I believe him!

....but seriously steam, whachu doin'?

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 04:06:49 pm »
STEAM! Please don't mess this launch up...I gotta relax... everything's gonna be cool. Hopefully...  ???

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 04:07:55 pm »

Not to spoil the positive vibes in this thread but the decimals in Planet view should be trimmed to the tenth place or else big words like Pandemonium screw with the GUI.

Already Mantised
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=14217

You can create more horizontal space if you shift the box more to the right so "big words" can fit in.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:29:03 pm by Azurian »
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline Elijah

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 04:08:38 pm »
Happy I'm not the only one waiting for the game. Damn, it's 22:07 pm here in Rome and I have to go out! Come on, steam, let me do a quick battle at least before tomorrow! Come on!  :'(

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »

Not to spoil the positive vibes in this thread but the decimals in Planet view should be trimmed to the tenth place or else big words like Pandemonium screw with the GUI.

Already Mantised
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=14217

NO! You have messed up my zen!  How dare you!  :P

*edit* Agreed btw.  Haven't played the game yet, but I can't see why any number needs more than 1 or 2 decimal places in a video game, probably.

Or at least, no more than X number of digits total, if there are very small numbers that require more precision after the decimal point.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:21:02 pm by doubtful »

Offline jonasan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 04:24:15 pm »
well i reckon you may have cracked it with this final flurry of changes up to 1.0 !  :)

- nerfing the 'improve relation with other race' dispatch option
 - greatly reducing the personal influence gained by doing dispatch missions
 - slowing down the passive attitude shifts of the races
 - increased player agency in relation to RCI and its effects...

blimey, i think you have thoroughly shifted things so the player will really want/need to make use of all the tools/options available in order to win the game.... and so really engage with everything the game has to offer!

Those more dangerous and effective missions are going to be so much more attractive and important now in achieving victory... and the feeling of connection with and influence upon the solar system should be so much greater.... very nicely done ;)

its a great game guys, best of luck to you all on the launch!

and it's been a brilliant experience to be involved in this final week of testing - so thank you for that.

I feel really confident that the game is going to be received well and we can all look forward to a few years of TLF! All being well...

Congrats ;)

Offline Elijah

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »
EDIT : Ok, nevermind. I will endure the 3am tonight when I come back home (hopefully 3am since the rome+public transports in night = nightmares) and buy it from steam. Damn you Arcen Games, you're making me do this with your so-very-interesting game!!! :(

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
Thank you all so much for the kind words -- and all the help with the testing, too!  I am going to try to relax this weekend and decompress some before coming back to it Monday.  That said, I'll be watching for serious errors, and will address any of those that crop up.  Glad the last batch of changes have been happy-making, I like them quite a bit as well. :)

Steam should auto-unlock the game at 5:00 EST sharp, or 2pm PST by their clocks.  It's an automated thing, so it should "just happen."  Which is awesome, because prior to Bionic Dues that was never the case, and there was the "well, we're waiting on Valve, they are going as fast as they can" etc stuff.  Not anymore!  They're really been streamlining their system tools for devs an incredible amount the last year or so.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 04:39:57 pm »
Just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to be a Round 3 Alpha Tester, and that some of my feedback helped improved the game. Enjoy your well earned rest.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:43:02 pm by Azurian »
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »
You were of immense help, as were so many others here.  Even some of the folks who just had a few things to say really made a difference, because sometimes there was a key insight there.  But we've also had some real all-stars here, who I would name but for fear of missing someone in the call-out. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk