Author Topic: How far into the game should quests start to pop up in .860?  (Read 950 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
How far into the game should quests start to pop up in .860?
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:47:37 pm »
I played for roughly 2 hours and I have yet to see one (all tutorial stages unlocked)...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: How far into the game should quests start to pop up in .860?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »
The quests are highly conditional, so if you don't meet any of the conditions for a quest, they'll never show.  In .860...

FreighterDistressCall: happens only when Economic on a planet is at least 20 for a planet of: RaceType.Acutian, RaceType.Andor, RaceType.Boarine, RaceType.Evuck, RaceType.Peltian, RaceType.Skylaxian

ExamineHydralTechToGainNewTech: happens only when medical is at least 100 for a planet of: RaceType.Acutian, RaceType.Andor,  RaceType.Evuck, RaceType.Skylaxian, RaceType.Thoraxian

ScientistDefection: happens only when economic is at most -80 for a planet of: RaceType.Acutian, RaceType.Boarine, RaceType.Burlust, RaceType.Evuck

BioTerroristPlottingEscapeAndAttack: happens only when public order is at most -80 for a planet of: RaceType.Evuck, RaceType.Peltian, RaceType.Skylaxian

I'm surprised you have not had any freighter distress calls, but not too surprised about the others.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Histidine

Re: How far into the game should quests start to pop up in .860?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
So... now that the RCI values are unclamped and capable of showing much larger values, what are the requirements for the quests? Because I don't think I've seen any in a long while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk