Author Topic: Request for crowdsourcing help: procgen market item names (huge update 4/10!).  (Read 24524 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Every time I go into this sheet I find I need/want a new collumn. XD
I just added GenericVerbPresent, to complete the infinitive, past tense, and generic, which resolves the issue I created by doing "{GenericVerb}ing"

But now I find that GenericAdjective comprises two or three different types of adjectives!  That is: some nouns have two different adjectives associated with it that have very different meanings: an object that causes that descriptive, an object that is that descriptive, and an object that can be the descriptive.

E.g. "the distracted guard" vs. "the distracting gaurd" vs. "the distractible guard"!

Amen.

Would it be possible to use item names in the names of other items, for instance 'The Use Of {Generic Adverb} {Racial Adjective} {Military_BannedWeapons} In {Broadcast_Education}'?

It is. You can see examples of it already in the Tags.

After browsing these lists so much, it is hard to make me laugh. However, I still find Peltians with nuclear weapons hilarious. I present to you:
Homey Uranium Grip Replacement - Its the equivalent to a pearl-handed revolver in humans.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:33:56 pm by ptarth »
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Would it be possible to use item names in the names of other items, for instance 'The Use Of {Generic Adverb} {Racial Adjective} {Military_BannedWeapons} In {Broadcast_Education}'?

I was doing stuff like that all over the place.  It makes things muuuch more interesting when you can combine subjects.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
I need an intervention.

Or we're going to end up with a noun/plural/verb/adjective/adverb form of every single imaginable category.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
I need an intervention.

Or we're going to end up with a noun/plural/verb/adjective/adverb form of every single imaginable category.

I've been having similar problems. To curve it, I've been focusing on making sure that there are sufficient "decent" items for every single race/item combination. Once we have that, then we can go overboard with the other lists. Assuming Chris has this automated, as long as we can keep the tags clean, it shouldn't be a problem.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Oh, I've been fleshing out the various lists when I can.  I tripled the size of the "banned military tech adjective" list today.

But that specific column expansion was so that I could get some more interesting TortureNonfiction items.  I was too hamstringed by having only nouns to work with.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
May I clarify that the game can draw a particular entry multiple times in a game?

For example, say I write
{BannedAdjective} ribald fantasies of {OurRacialLeader}
It's possible that this item will be created multiple times, which is not very good?
As opposed to
{MediaSuffix} {MediaSuffix}
Which can be repeated N times without problems.

Offline Endymion

• Newbie Mark III
I think so but it does prevent duplicates afaik, so if you removed the {BannedAdjective} it shouldn't appear too many times(I assume you meant {OurRandomRacialLeader}).
I'm making videogames! You can read more about whatever I'm doing here

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
May I clarify that the game can draw a particular entry multiple times in a game?

Chris mentioned that exact duplicates are suppressed in the game, yes.

Offline Claive

Place Types
Waste Reclamation Facility

Place name?
{0} Assembler
(Energy/Adjective) Accumulator
(Energy/Adjective) Harvester
(Energy/Adjective) Distiller

{0} Hive

ConsumerProductGadgetNoun
{Energy Adjective} Screwdriver

InsectNoun
Caterpiller
Cocoon

GunPartNoun
Trigger
Barrel
Assembly

Energy Adjective
Cosmic
Solar
Geo
Psionic
Resonance
Acoustic
Exotic

WeaponModificationAdjective
Flack
Chaff
Smart
Automatic
Incendiary
Low Quality
Precision
Silenced
Adaptive

PersonalArmorNoun
Suit

StructuralMaterialNoun
Bone
Vatflesh
Fungalplex
(InsectNoun) Wax
(InsectNoun) Resin
(InsectNoun) chittin
Bioengineered (InsectNoun) chitin
Bioengineered (InsectNoun) Wax
Bioengineered (InsectNoun) Resin

StructuralMaterialAdjective
Space

NonSolidMaterialNoun
Aether

VehicleArmorNoun
Coating
Superstructure
Substructure

BodyPartNounSingular
Eye

PersonalWeaponNoun
Saw
{Energy Adjective} Ray
{Energy Adjective} Death Ray
{Energy Adjective} Projector

Military_PersonalBioAugmentNoun
Treatment
Training
Exercise

BannedAdjectives
Heretical
Controlled
Restricted
Unethical

TortureNoun
“Guest”
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:00:03 pm by Claive »

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
re:Claive - Add them to the list

General Update
I filtered and cleaned the current items on the list.
To make things easier on my formatting code I comment each questionable item with #.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk