Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 50393 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2016, 10:30:35 pm »
Are there any good counters for a minion spamming Abyssian deck against Abyssians with shadow creep?
In general Cassyva counters Lilith, so there's not much you can do about that.

However, there are some ways to increase your chances.

Lightbender is a good counter to Cassyva in general. He is a 3/3 that dispels all the spaces around himself. Use him to neutralize entire shadow creep swamps.

Secondly, try never to give Cassyva 1 hp minions to use her Bloodborn spell on. I know it's tough with Lilith because you're always summoning those little imps, but if you can, pay attention to when her BB spell is about to be up, and if necessary suicide them onto her or something else so that she can't cast it. The less shadow creep you give her, the weaker her late game will be.

Finally, always pay attention to when she is about to have 7 mana. When she hits 7 mana, you know she will be able to cast her ultimate spell, shadow nova. Shadow Nova fills 4 spaces with creep. This means that it does 4 damage at minimum to four tiles, but probably even more if she has more shadow creep.

You need to place yourself and your minions in such a way that she can't hit all of you. Make sure you don't have any minions (or yourself) within 4 square tiles of each other. Doing this will force her to pick a single target, which will often prevent her from casting Shadow Nova at all, potentially winning you the game.

One of the best counters to Cassvya is just to kill her quickly. The longer the game goes, and the more shadow creep that hits the board, the stronger she gets. Use your Lightbenders to clear the board as much as you can and finish her quickly.

Also, if you have any copies of him, Archon Spellbinder is a good counter to her as well, because she's typically a very spell-oriented character.

Also, I think you had asked me about my thoughts on the new cards, how to play them, how they would affect the game and all that. I'm not experienced enough with the game to give a satisfactory answer, but here's an article on it.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:58 am »

So yeah, it got a little out of control  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:52:12 am by Wingflier »
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2016, 08:37:56 am »
Chronicle released a new update with card balancing changes and a new hero to play with. This means there are 37 new cards exclusive for him.
The new hero is Movran the berserker. His special trait is, that he gains special effects on cards if he has slain a certain amount of monsters. For example if he has killed 3 or more monsters, the card "level up" gives him +5 max health. And this for free.

The game introduces also a new echanic, aggressive monsters. Aggressive monsters attack you always first instead of the other way. This means you cannot simply one-shot them without taking damage like other monsters. You have to decide for yourself if you want to take the damage and risk and put those cards in your deck. The new hero, Movran, seems to get the most benefit from aggressive monsters since some of his slayer tasks require them.

From the cards that have been changed, most are connected to Arianne (mage deck). Especially Earth Blast has been nerfed hard:

Before the change the card dealt damage for every card in your hand x2, meaning you could get a max damage of 20 with the current hand limit. In a game with a max HP limit of 30 this means that 2/3 of your hp are shot down. And Arianne has a lot of draw cards, so she will always have that 10 cards in her hand. The new limit is now tied to your number of support cards, you still can get the max of 20 but now you need a little luck or filter somehwow the monster cards out. Arianne decks are mostly support cards anyway. At least she isn't op as she used to be.

will tell more on this after I've played some matches.

Also on Hearthstone, I got a video on Youtube recommend on my front page and watched it to look if C'Thun is still bullshit.  Yep it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFclGs0IpA
If you don't want to watch it, I sum it up: Both players play a typical C'thun deck which everybode does nowadays because it is the most easiest way to win ranked games. The oppnent of the streamer plays warrior while the streamer plays a rigue deck. Both deck use the typical C'thun tactic: Stall your opponent, draw a smany cards as possible and buff your C'thun. The warrioir rushes his C'thun which is his downfall, C'Thun gets destroyed and wasn't even strong enough to put a crack into the enemy hp. What happens afterwards is the most boring game I've ever seen. All they play is buffs and counters to creatures, they literally destroy everything the turn it is summoned because that's how these stupid decks work: Don't try to dominate the battlefield, just play on time until you can summon your C'thun. The very last card of the player was C'thun and at that point he had over 60 attack. even the enemy player realized at that point he had lost because he KNEW that the last card had to be C'thun and he couldn't counter this anymore. And then he oneshotted the enemy with it.Or can you even call it one-shot if you deal tons of 1 damage to the enemy until he dies?
This is literally the dumbest game I've ever seen. How can this be fun to some people? Seriously, whrere is the fun in this? You just wait until you can summon your C'thun and pray that the enemy does not kill you before that.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08:50 pm »
I agree about the C'Thun thing. Honestly I feel that any card game which either encourages or forces the player to go to the very end of their deck (without milling them) in order to win is quite frankly a waste of time; both literally and figuratively. Hell, I even think that milling is stupid, but I respect that it's a mechanic that's been around for a long time, whether or not I like it.

Hearthstone games are like that. Unless you're playing an aggro deck (I tend to love control in most games myself), those games can get dragged out forever. Did you know the Warrior has a C'Thun-based minion card that gives him 10 armor if his C'Thun is above some certain, easily achievable life total? In other words, that's essentially 10 extra life instantly that you have to chew through, and a powerful body on the board, in addition to all the other cards that give warriors armor and make them hard to kill. The amount of pressure you would have to put on a warrior to kill him with mechanics like these is insane. This is probably why Warrior is the most popular deck in the meta right now. They can draw the game out forever until they can drop their C'Thun, and there is very few ways to stop that.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2016, 12:25:27 pm »
Yes, I know this card, was laso palyed several times by the warrioir, the last time at the very end (last turn). Not that this saved him but yes, this very much is intended to drag on the game even MORE than it already is.

I'm happy that I'm busy with Duelyst and now Chronicle again. The new cards are interesting, however I'm struggling to see where his role fits. The other heroes have been more obvious what they are about, what they do and how to play them correctly.
Morvran seems only about killing monsters and piling up these contracts. He probably is the opposite of Arianne, instead of more support cards you have more monster cards.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »
In other news, you can have some terribly nasty boards with a card called Khymera :D

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:08 am »
I have a feeling this thread LONG since stopped being about Hearthstone.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2016, 08:08:27 am »
In this place, that's inevitable, wouldn't you say?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »
In this place, that's inevitable, wouldn't you say?
Probably yes.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:04 pm »
I have a feeling this thread LONG since stopped being about Hearthstone.
Hey, there was a post about Hearthstone just yesterday!  That's good enough, right?

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2016, 11:26:33 pm »

I finally did it boys. Damn I thought I would never get there.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2016, 03:45:17 am »
I assume this is draft? Congratulations.

My exceptions aren't very high about draft game mode. The problem with draft mode in most games is that you don't know what you draw next. This is of course the motivation to play because you have to deal with what you get.
The main problem (for me) is, you might think "this card is good so I take it" but the problem is you cannot get other good cards that yu can combine with it, destroying your intended strategy. Chronicle somewhat makes a first attempt to counter this. In it's draft mode "dungeon" you are presented four cards and can pick two instead of one. This allows you to select cards that might combine well together and you aren't relying on what you might get next.
That are just my thoughts however.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2016, 06:03:12 am »
Stoneblade Entertainment, developers of Solforge, announced that at a specific date (still to be announced) every player who logs into the game will receive 1300 free gold (premium currency). This is a very good offer, you can either buy 1 themed booster pack (newest expansion), 4 normal booster packs 8contains all expansions), almost a complete deck (costs 1350), 2 event tickets (used to enter tournaments) or the card of the day (900 gold, may have alternate art).

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:56 pm »
The free gold has been released. It's now 1500 instead of 1300.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/232450/

Funny enough they removed all decks and only added a themed decxk for Uterra. Also an Uterra themed legenadary chest with alternate art cards.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:22 am »
So what's the deal with that? Is it free any time, or on a specific date? Earlier you said you had to log in on a specific date. The Steam store page isn't giving any information about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk