Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 50397 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:34 am »
And what cards would you suggest for crawing additional cards?
Hands down Sojourner. Second best would be Void Hunter. Third best would be L'Kian (Neutral Sister), which is an amazing card automatically unlocked when you have 6 sets of neutral rares unlocked. That's actually pretty easy to do.

Edit: I ask maybe to much but can you show me some good base decks for the other factions as well? This would help me to better understand how the different factions work and what they need.
Here's a budget deck for every faction by a player much better than I am.

What are your thoughts on Tethermancer? I've put one in the deck.
Would be okay in a Lyonar Deck because of Divine Bond. Would be okay in a Kara Winterblade deck because of her bloodborn spell.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:33:10 am by Wingflier »
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2016, 01:45:43 pm »
Thank you very much, I will try out the decks.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »
hey wingflier ill try out some of those decks when I have all the correct cards for them(only using half or half and a quarter for instance would defeat the point really so for now ill be sticking with my own contraptions)
but I was wondering what you thought of a few cards I've been using in my vanar deck which I've been conflicted on my vanar deck has 2 more spells than are recommended really and the 3 snow piercers which I relay shouldn't have along with my 14 spells but I really like that artifact but it does fairly well fluctuating between rank 19 and 18
any way
1 fire hand the 3 5 5 that summons a 1 1 with rush every time you cast a spell I've got 2 of these in my deck right and while I love the idea of them so far they haven't really done anything of worth for me so far usually because I want to play other things when I can play him
asides from 1 abyssian match were he was quite use full but that's it really

2 the 1 4 3 that I cant remember the name who has infiltrate for 3 attack and flying enoughour minion I love the idea but I haven't really got to use(mainly because I've only got 1 and shitty draw rate) him

3 the 10 5 5 with air drop he seems to easy to get rid of to me but it feels like he could be realy power full in the hands of clever person.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2016, 01:40:31 am »
New patch and testing phase of the steam version of Duelyst has started.
https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-67/
There are for new cards that are dedicated toward famous twitch streamers of Duelyst.

I think Shibo Puppydragon ist pretty strong. A 2 mana card with 1/4 stats and the ability that at the end of every turn neabry minions get +1 attack. The card is also common, so except it to see a lot. The other cards seem "okayish" to me. Nothing really too good or too bad about them, actually very basic.

But I let Wingflier comment ont hat because he has more experience.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
Finally hit Rank 1. Man, I've been trying to reach that for days.

Now I just need to win 5 more times (without losing LOL) to reach Rank 0.

As far as the new cards, yeah, Shibo seems really strong. But probably the most common in Abyssian decks which were already strong. Grincherz is the other one that we may need to watch out for. Personally I thought it seemed a little silly but I heard a good player claim that it may be used heavily. I guess we'll see.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2016, 04:11:15 am »
Finally hit Rank 1. Man, I've been trying to reach that for days.

Now I just need to win 5 more times (without losing LOL) to reach Rank 0.

As far as the new cards, yeah, Shibo seems really strong. But probably the most common in Abyssian decks which were already strong. Grincherz is the other one that we may need to watch out for. Personally I thought it seemed a little silly but I heard a good player claim that it may be used heavily. I guess we'll see.
heh good job (:
but are you going to answer my questions? I'm genuinely curious what you think of those cards.
c.r

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »
hey wingflier ill try out some of those decks when I have all the correct cards for them(only using half or half and a quarter for instance would defeat the point really so for now ill be sticking with my own contraptions)
but I was wondering what you thought of a few cards I Most Certainly Have been using in my vanar deck which I've been conflicted on my vanar deck has 2 more spells than are recommended really and the 3 snow piercers which I relay shouldn't have along with my 14 spells but I really like that artifact but it does fairly well fluctuating between rank 19 and 18
any way
1 fire hand the 3 5 5 that summons a 1 1 with rush every time you cast a spell I've got 2 of these in my deck right and while I love the idea of them so far they haven't really done anything of worth for me so far usually because I want to play other things when I can play him

2 the 1 4 3 that I cant remember the name who has infiltrate for 3 attack and flying enoughour minion I love the idea but I haven't really got to use(mainly because I've only got 1 and shitty draw rate) him

3 the 10 5 5 with air drop he seems to easy to get rid of to me but it feels like he could be realy power full in the hands of clever person.

1. Firestarter:

Good in some Songhai decks. Okay overall. Need to cast a lot of spells to make it useful, which Songhai does much better than any other class.

2. Wolfraven:

He's okay but not that great. He relies on your opponent being on their side of the Battlefield, which you can't really count on, making him a little too situational to be effective. In most cases Wings of Paradise is just going to be the defacto better card.

3. Arctic Displacer:

Generally a bad card. It does have some synergy with Spirit of the Wild, but that only works on the opponent's side of the battlefield. Frosthorn Rhino is almost always going to be a better card.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:06:06 pm by Wingflier »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »
I added Mirkblood Devouer to my deck because I think he has a good synergy with my minion spam ability. A 1/1 wraithling is already an annoying pest but a bunch of 2/2 wraithlings? This is gonna be fun.

On antoher side note, my deck in Chronicles is really amazing. My Linza deck to be precise. Linza is the weaponsmith class of the game and creates tons of weapons and weapon upgrades for herself, so she can deal big damage in direct fights. She also has two nuke skills that are really good but both destroy your weapons in a way. Currently my weapons have always around 10-15 attack towards the end of the match. Normally weapons have around 3 attack and even the better weapons have only 7 attack. I can knock out my enemy in two hits at the end fight. I also added a card that gives me armor based on my weapon strength, so even if my enemy has also a lot of attack damage, I can sustain it.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »
but I was wondering what you thought of a few cards I Most Certainly Have been using in my vanar deck which I've been conflicted on my vanar deck has 2 more spells than are recommended really and the 3 snow piercers which I relay shouldn't have along with my 14 spells but I really like that artifact but it does fairly well fluctuating between rank 19 and 18
any way

1. Firestarter:

Good in some Songhai decks. Okay overall. Need to cast a lot of spells to make it useful, which Songhai does much better than any other class.

2. Wolfraven:

He's okay but not that great. He relies on your opponent being on their side of the Battlefield, which you can't really count on, making him a little too situational to be effective. In most cases Wings of Paradise is just going to be the defacto better card.

3. Arctic Displacer:

Generally a bad card. It does have some synergy with Spirit of the Wild, but that only works on the opponent's side of the battlefield. Frosthorn Rhino is almost always going to be a better card.
I'm not sure why it took you so long to answer my questions but thanks regardless (:

1 I guess that makes sense ill run with him a bit more in the vanar deck but if he doesn't manage to pull his weigh for me ill replace him with something else

2 fair enough I think the idea of infiltrate is to sort of force your opponent to play around it as well as avalanche which I imagine is more useful higher ranks

3 I think I agree one use I can see for him though is planting him right next your opponent providing she doesn't have metric ton of soldiers and forcing her to deal with it or die if your trying to close out a victory when your opponents at low health
but true enough their far better ways of doing that as vanar.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2016, 01:51:02 am »
Soooo...
has anyone tried out the new cards in any deck? Any suggestions how to use them right?

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2016, 02:45:05 am »
Goddammit, I cannot defeat you, Wingflier. But at least it was close this time.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2016, 05:07:55 pm »
Yeah it was really close.

Oh man, the other day I watched one of my favorite streamers play Hearthstone and after playing Duelyst so heavily it made me so glad I had moved on. What I saw was this Priest vs Warrior control match up that lasted until fatigue. We're talking about both players cycling through their entire decks and essentially accomplishing nothing until the game kills one of them on its own. Sad though it may be, this kind of thing happened ALL the time back when I used to play. It was such a horrible, stressful, time consuming mess.

In Duelyst I've never reached the fatigue stage. Hell I don't even think I've drawn through half my deck EVER in the 500+ games I've probably played. It just doesn't happen. It's designed so much better than that.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2016, 05:19:28 pm »

Oh man, the other day I watched one of my favorite streamers play Hearthstone and after playing Duelyst so heavily it made me so glad I had moved on. What I saw was this Priest vs Warrior control match up that lasted until fatigue. We're talking about both players cycling through their entire decks and essentially accomplishing nothing until the game kills one of them on its own. Sad though it may be, this kind of thing happened ALL the time back when I used to play. It was such a horrible, stressful, time consuming mess.

In Duelyst I've never reached the fatigue stage. Hell I don't even think I've drawn through half my deck EVER in the 500+ games I've probably played. It just doesn't happen. It's designed so much better than that.
to be honest I forgot fatigue was even a thing in duleyst I guess they just tend to be quick enough that it doesn't happen
how ever I like it when matches go to fatigue acasionly I feel it tends to be quite memorable it would be pretty obnoxious if it happened all the time though.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2016, 08:40:55 pm »

Something liek this would never happen in Solforge. For the worse or better. In Solforge you have infinite cards, literally. Whenever you play a card, you discard an upgraded version of it (all cards have three versions). After four turns, you shuffle 30 cards from your discard pile back into your deck. You can empty your deck, I found out the hard way in a recent match, but there is no penality except that you cannot any more cards until you "rank up" again (that's how the mechanic is called). The game lasts until one player is defeated, concedes or the timer runs out for one player.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2016, 12:00:14 am »
Are there any good counters for a minion spamming Abyssian deck against Abyssians with shadow creep?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk