General Category > Bionic Dues

Mainframes screenshot.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Breach:
Any consideration of having any of the rarer equipment dropping from enemies? Perhaps customised weapons etc. dropping from specific enemies if that's going to be a thing.

x4000:

--- Quote from: Breach on August 29, 2013, 03:07:43 pm ---Any consideration of having any of the rarer equipment dropping from enemies?
--- End quote ---

We really don't want to encourage people to be trying to farm enemies for that sort of thing... but we said that about currency, too.  So we'll have to see, maybe.  You do get rarer loot from beating certain missions, from the store, and from loot chests.  So going and beating a boss, which wins the mission, already gives you great loot.

--- Quote from: Breach on August 29, 2013, 03:07:43 pm ---Perhaps customised weapons etc. dropping from specific enemies if that's going to be a thing
--- End quote ---

Think of the materia system in FF7.  This is vaguely like that.  Each part is heavily random-statted, and you put multiple parts into slots on your weapons and other systems.  You then wind up with unique weapons, although you never get to change your weapon itself on a given Exo.  But your shotgun and mine might look veeeery different.  Keith and I were joking just the other day about how you could create a "sniper shotgun," which had us both laughing pretty hard at the time. ;)

mrhanman:
The bots and the cover look pretty cool.  I'm liking them a lot!

Are the complexes you're in multi-floored?  Is that the previous floor you see beneath the grate?  That would be a pretty awesome effect, especially with a bit o' parallax thrown in!  :D

Are all the floors like that?  It seems a bit colorless and bland.

x4000:
Each mission is a single floor; think of each mission in general as being a single floor of a roguelike. That's the analogy.

As for the literal floor graphics, it varies heavily. Check out the sub floor details, they are pretty awesome. Each floor so far has two levels of depth to them, which looks pretty stunning at full res. the darkness/blandness of the floors varies, although with them being somewhat washed out and dark and bland the game looks the best. Why? Because then the foreground pops and looks incredibly bright and amazing. You can't see the headlights when the floor is too bright. We do have some more colorful ones, for the sake of variety, though. Each floor has a very different feel to it.

mrhanman:
The detail in the floor is great!  It was mainly the over all greyness I was referring to.  Not  that it should be rainbow colored, or anything.  I'm sure it looks a lot better in motion and in full resolution.  My opinion of which I'd be happy to give at your earliest convenience. :P

As long as the floors vary from mission to mission, it's not a big deal.

Speaking of resolution, how high/low will the graphics scale?  What is the maximum and minimum recommended playing resolution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version