General Category > AVWW Mods & Maps

[MAP] Boss Room: Tower Link

<< < (3/3)

x4000:
Well, the bottom has enough floor, so as long as the ladders aren't in the way stuff could spawn down there.  So the room should be okay, the only question is those ladders.

Depending on the size of the boss, you'll see smaller bosses spawn at the top or in other parts, too.  You'd just never see the largest possible bosses (none of which are even in yet, anyway) seed in the top area.   To have the very largest kind of boss seed, you need 8 tiles wide all in a row, and then 8 tiles of space above.  But smaller bosses can and will seed in smaller areas, so it really varies.

My main thing is just always making sure that there's at least one 8x8 area in the map somewhere, and there is now.

Dizzard:
Maybe the answer would be to have certain bosses just not be allowed to spawn in rooms of a certain size?

I mean I can't imagine being able to fight an 8X8 boss in that room very effectively even if it can actually spawn in there.

x4000:
Well, there may be a desire to have some smaller rooms at some point that you fight bosses in, and for overlords we do in fact use different rooms that are much larger at minimum.  But the rule for the general boss rooms is 8x8 bosses and down, hence all of them being a certain size.  It's possible we might introduce a smaller category of boss rooms further down the line, but right now these are the only categories of boss rooms we have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version