Author Topic: Prerelease 1.008F (AI Wormhole Defense).  (Read 2522 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Prerelease 1.008F (AI Wormhole Defense).
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:56:56 pm »
Here's the latest prerelease:  http://www.arcengames.com/share/AIWar1008F.zip

That version is an upgrade from version 1.007, so you have to already have 1.007 (or greater) installed. Just unzip it into your game folder (usually C:\Program Files\Arcen Games\AI War\ unless you specified something else). Please make sure that your unzip process keeps the folder structure from the zip file, rather than just unpacking all of the files into the base target directory.

What's new since 1.008E:
(Cumulative release notes since 1.007 are attached at the bottom)

-------------------

-Minor fixes to the tutorial text.

-When a tractor beam grabs a ship that is already fading out through a wormhole, the graphics no longer briefly glitch on the far side of the wormhole.

-Mark II engineers now have 10x the range for doing repairs, which makes them able to repair ships at the center of larger groups.

-The status messages regarding engineers (in the hover-text of the engineers quick button) are now more informative about what the engineers are up to).

-EtherJet Tractors will now approach their target until they have grappled it (if it can be grappled), rather than just until they are in firing distance.

-Stealth command posts no longer fire on enemy ships (since that would reveal them).

-A new ship, Wormhole Command Posts, has been added for the AI. This ship is completely invisible and cannot be revealed, like the Mark IV scout for the human players.  These command posts let the AI do reinforcements right at their wormholes, like a player would.  The command posts are destroyed only when the central command station for the planet is destroyed.  These are automatically inserted into older savegames.

-The AI will now send some of its reinforcements to wormhole command posts on planets at which it otherwise would not reinforce.  This should make sustained deep raids into enemy territory a lot more difficult.

FIXES FROM PAST PRERELEASES
--------------

-The AI now does a better job of finishing the job when attacking harvesters, etc.

-Full row select is now used in the new details view on the save/load screens.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:35:11 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Quitch

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Prerelease 1.008F (AI Wormhole Defense).
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:06:22 pm »
Just upgraded to F and suddenly several of my intel summaries for MY planets are reporting 73 cloaked enemies. Am I right in thinking there might be a bit of a whoopsy here where the AI is planting mines around MY wormholes? :)

EDIT: Well I just flew ships around them but no mines triggered but still say 73 cloaked enemy ships. No attacks though.

EDIT2: Build timers no longer go below 0 when a ship is overdue but the - still appears. Unsure which is the bug.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:11:09 pm by Quitch »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:19 pm »
Just upgraded to F and suddenly several of my intel summaries for MY planets are reporting 73 cloaked enemies. Am I right in thinking there might be a bit of a whoopsy here where the AI is planting mines around MY wormholes? :)

EDIT: Well I just flew ships around them but no mines triggered but still say 73 cloaked enemy ships. No attacks though.

Can you upload the save file and let me know which planets?  I wonder if those ships were already there in the past -- the AI is not putting in any new mines or anything with this new release, just the command posts.  And it shouldn't do it on your planets -- I can't see any such additions in my savegames, so I'm wondering if this is something else.

EDIT2: Build timers no longer go below 0 when a ship is overdue but the - still appears. Unsure which is the bug.

I didn't change this at all, so that's curious.  I'll give it a look, though.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Quitch

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 04:17:14 pm »
Attached my final E save, just before I moved to F.

Ulpu - 73
Owgar - 72
Voip - 20
Quke - 65

You've got me wondering now whether these are just mines left over from AI1 that I never cleared when I took over, but still I haven't noticed before. Then again it;s only recently that intel summaries appeared so front and centre so perhaps this is why.

I'm starting to think I've cried wolf :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:21:42 pm »
I'm starting to think I've cried wolf :)

Yep, no worries, it's good to check. :)

The mines are old, but they aren't near the wormholes.  They are around some of the resource spots (only mine layers do this), so you might get some nasty surprises in the future if you try to build over there.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:37:53 pm »
New version:  http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,153.new.html#new

This is probably going to be the last one for today, I'm going to take a bit of time off now...

Offline darke

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 11:55:55 pm »
-Mark II engineers now have 10x the range for doing repairs, which makes them able to repair ships at the center of larger groups.

Yay! :)

-EtherJet Tractors will now approach their target until they have grappled it (if it can be grappled), rather than just until they are in firing distance.

Just saw a bunch of these ships yesterday, they were rather cool and perplexing in an "Oi! What are you doing with my ships!? Hey! Where are you taking them!?" kinda way. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 12:02:54 am »
Just saw a bunch of these ships yesterday, they were rather cool and perplexing in an "Oi! What are you doing with my ships!? Hey! Where are you taking them!?" kinda way. :)

Hahaha. :)  That's one of my favorite AI strategies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk