Author Topic: Tidalis Praise  (Read 3416 times)

Offline dumpsterKEEPER

• Sr. Member Mark II
Tidalis Praise
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:09:58 am »
This morning I noticed that Tidalis showed up at #2 on Tom Chick's list of Ten games you should have played in 2010. Nice!

Offline Colonel J

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Tidalis Praise
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:19 am »
Very well deserved, and deserves to be in many more 2010 best-of lists. And Tom Chick's review in the link pretty much nails why I like the game so much too  :)

Great to see Darwinia+ in there (jeez was that THIS year?) even though it's a relaunch for the 360. Loved Darwinia on the PC back in 2004, still one of my favourite games of all time. A pity it wasn't the hoped-for money earner for the struggling Introversion on the consoles. 

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:00:52 pm »
Wow!  Very cool list, and something I'm glad to see many other games of note on.  Thanks for pointing this out, I'll have to do a news post about it. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 04:11:06 pm »
Tom Chick is awesome. I can't say I've played a game he liked that I didn't like.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »
Ahhh the list is down, can anyone remember the games on the list?  I'm interested.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Otagan

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »
Quote from: Tom Chick's Ten Games You Should Have Played in 2010
10.) Greed Corp
9.) Ancient Trader
8.) No Heroes Allowed
7.) Bloody Good Time
6.) Lead and Gold
5.) Cladun: This Is an RPG
4.) Monday Night Combat
3.) Hoard
2.) Tidalis
1.) Darwinia +

Offline Panopticon

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 02:19:20 am »
Very well deserved, and deserves to be in many more 2010 best-of lists. And Tom Chick's review in the link pretty much nails why I like the game so much too  :)

Great to see Darwinia+ in there (jeez was that THIS year?) even though it's a relaunch for the 360. Loved Darwinia on the PC back in 2004, still one of my favourite games of all time. A pity it wasn't the hoped-for money earner for the struggling Introversion on the consoles. 

I read an interesting blog post at Introversion's website not long ago about the troubles they've been through lately, how Darwinia+ figures into it and what they learned from it. Introversion is another studio that has a special place for me, like Arcen does. I'm glad that they are surviving and working on Subversion. It's cool that Introversion and Arcen hold the top spots on that list, since they are the two indie dev houses that I'd like to see succeed the most.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk