Author Topic: TLF Version 1.606-1.608 Released (Credit Bombardment)  (Read 8426 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: TLF Version 1.606-1.607 Released (Credit Bombardment)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »
Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 08:24:01 am »
Uh, are construction times for RCI and attitude buildings supposed to be ultra low now?  I go into the property development list, and they're all at one month...  Granted, considering the very small numbers of their effects, that might be the intention, but it could also be a bug, I'm not sure.

EDIT:  ....okay, maybe, POSSIBLY it was me just not paying attention.  didn't notice I had a few construction workers.  Sigh.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:45:32 am by Misery »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 09:31:59 am »
The hive queen mood swings really seem to be on the (too) frequent side in 1.607...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »
Save is attached, and I know these are not queue because I loaded this game back around the very start of this game before any other race was space fairing and it just started to do so after a few years in the game.
Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on then, because I loaded the save attached to your post and ran it over 10 game years and didn't see a single hive queen mood swing (even for the thoraxian planet).

Does anyone have a save and steps to reproduce the bug?  Thanks :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »
See attached game.

I load the game and hit fast forward and there is a swing every month, and has been one for quite a while.

Restarted the game, rather then just load it to make sure make sure and it does it every time here.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 01:36:05 pm »
See attached game.

I load the game and hit fast forward and there is a swing every month, and has been one for quite a while.

Restarted the game, rather then just load it to make sure make sure and it does it every time here.
I loaded the game and ran it for a few years until the game was lost (the hydral planet was taken) and didn't see any mood swings either on the right-sidebar notifications or in the logbook when I checked there.

I'm wondering if the 1.607 update actually got applied properly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »
See attached game.

I loaded the game and ran it for a few years until the game was lost (the hydral planet was taken) and didn't see any mood swings either on the right-sidebar notifications or in the logbook when I checked there.

I'm wondering if the 1.607 update actually got applied properly.
Actually, I get the exact same thing.  I loaded up his game, ran it for a while, and saw this:

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:18 pm »
Then I just don't know what's going on, I'm afraid.  I did a fresh steam install just now, loaded the save, repeated the test twice and I saw no mood swings in either the notification-sidebar on the right side of the main map screen, or in the logbook.

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »
Then I just don't know what's going on, I'm afraid.  I did a fresh steam install just now, loaded the save, repeated the test twice and I saw no mood swings in either the notification-sidebar on the right side of the main map screen, or in the logbook.

I am doing a fresh install right now, lets see if that clears it up.

I made a copy of my game directory before I had steam delete it just in case this does fix it. And if it does, I go do some diffs and see if I can find what is different between the two.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »
I appreciate the detailed re-test :)

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 02:01:14 pm »
I appreciate the detailed re-test :)

Fresh install (delete game files in steam and redownload them) did not fix the issue. When I load the game it does the exact same thing.

Game when started reports it as 1.607.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »
Wow, that's bizarre.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Re: TLF Version 1.606-1.608 Released (Credit Bombardment)
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »
UPDATE: 1.608 is nowout.  This includes some general fixes and updates, as well as a new dispatch for supporting friendly ground troops.  This is possibly the last release for the next week and a half or so.  Unless something serious comes up, that's intended to be the case.  Keith and Josh will be monitoring things, but I have some personal stuff I have to attend to for this next bit of time.  Thanks for understanding -- and if there is anything absolutely critical during that period, Keith will let me know so that I can push out his fixes through Steam.  But if I'm slow on that, you'll still be able to get the update through the in-game updater as soon as he finishes coding it and puts it online.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline DrFranknfurter

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 05:03:05 am »
I'm excited to see the betrayal mode change (obviously I'm also appreciative of the note in the changelog, even though you do all the real work. Things like uploading a save or making a suggestion are quite modest in comparison), and I'm looking forward to testing it out later.

I wish you the best, with whatever real-life event that needs your attention. I think I can speak for myself and others in saying that with the effort and commitment you put into your gaming duties you are more than deserving of a little flexibility in working hours, and that you have the understanding and support of happy customers who wish you well.

A week or two is a very short time, it only feels longer because of the unparalleled, unyielding and intense update schedule you keep and the high standards to which you judge your work. Don't be too hard on yourself. The same goes for everyone.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:08 am »
I'm excited to see the betrayal mode change (obviously I'm also appreciative of the note in the changelog, even though you do all the real work. Things like uploading a save or making a suggestion are quite modest in comparison), and I'm looking forward to testing it out later.

I wish you the best, with whatever real-life event that needs your attention. I think I can speak for myself and others in saying that with the effort and commitment you put into your gaming duties you are more than deserving of a little flexibility in working hours, and that you have the understanding and support of happy customers who wish you well.

A week or two is a very short time, it only feels longer because of the unparalleled, unyielding and intense update schedule you keep and the high standards to which you judge your work. Don't be too hard on yourself. The same goes for everyone.

Totally agreed with this  :)

Though I've already stated as much on numerous occaisions.  I think it's deserved, though.

On the note of the patch and stuff:  The Hive Queen is still missing a few screws here.  Actually at this point she probably doesnt know what screws are anymore.  Is having mood swings every 20 seconds or so. 

And the planet is very much under her control.  Brags about this fact alot.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:00:56 am by Misery »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk