Author Topic: TLF Version 1.601 Released (Double-Wide)  (Read 4577 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
TLF Version 1.601 Released (Double-Wide)
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:51 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/tlf-version-1-601-released-double-wide/

Version 1.601 is refinement on a number of fronts.  Perhaps my favorite improvement is one that was suggested by jaxxa and which lets us see both the Basic and Detailed Info tabs at the same time on the solar map on screens that are 1440px or wider.  This cuts down on a lot of clicking back and forth on screens that can fit it, while not changing the experience at all on smaller screens.

There are a bunch of fixes to the armada management window in this version for betrayal mode, so you can really play that mode a lot more like it was intended to be played, now.  Sorry about those!

The last two Obscura ship bullet pattern designs are now in place thanks to Misery, and boy are they doozies.  These introduce the concept of "bosses," which I think is pretty cool, and something we will likely explore even further as part of a theoretical future expansion.  For now it's a really nice sub-component of the Obscura, in any case.

There are also a number of fixes relating to defending various kinds of planets against invader armadas using your own flagship.  These affect all modes of the game.  Oh, and the Pirate Raven flagships now should be harassing pretty much only you, not flying about after other ships like crazy.  So this is something where their extreme speed should no longer cause "I can't chase them" issues.  The idea is that they come for you and you pretty much have to fight them broadsides for a bit until they speed off and then return.

Let us know how things are looking, if you have suggestions or bug reports, etc!

More to come soon. Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the in-game updater, or if you have Steam it will automatically update it for you. To force Steam to download it faster, just restart Steam and it will do so.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: TLF Version 1.601 Released (Double-Wide)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 11:14:54 pm »
Hm, yes, I'll automatically volunteer to make more bosses later on if needed, should be hilarious.  Much fun was had making those two things.

The Mite though, might need AI similar to what the Ravens now have?  That thing should be zooming around alot, though I need to actually encounter it in a proper battle to see just how it'll behave as far as that goes.

But yeah, those patterns turned out to be pretty darn nasty.  To other players, I apologize for any grief they may cause.  ....well, okay, no I dont. 

On the note of the Burlust:  What about the difference between normal warlords and the prime ones?  Do you want different patterns entirely, or something like enhanced versions of the ones that the normal guys will get?  Also, I might slow them down to be more heavy/ponderous instead of zooming around like they currently do, if that's allright with you.

These guys though definitely wont be as nasty as the Obscura though, so nobody need worry about that.  Their patterns will be a bit more basic and traditional as opposed to the uniqueness that the Obscura use.   Probably.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:31 am »
Quote from: 1.601 patch notes
*The "Directly Defend Against Invader Armadas" action no longer requires that the planet have a dedicated defense armada (friendly armadas that happen to be close enough to be involved have never counted for this). If it lacks one, it will launch some emergency reserve squadrons to fill the role.
* Fixed a variety of issues that could be caused by orphan alien data remaining on planets/outposts after they were captured by a different race. This would cause things like the government screen not to open, etc.
And there was much rejoicing :D...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:29:37 am »
All makes sense!

And for the Burlust Warlords, I wasn't really thinking there would be a difference between the primes and the secondaries in terms of patterns.  I mean, I guess you could make slightly watered-down variants that we could use for the secondaries if you like, but thus far we've never differentiated between the two in terms of patterns.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:16:53 am »
I get a hang (UI disappears, though ships in the main menu background turn transparent and keep moving around) when I try to load a 1.600 save.

Code: [Select]
OnGUI: System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
  at RaceState.Create (.RaceTypeData RaceTypeData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RaceTypeData.get_State () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RaceState.RecalculateHullAndShieldMultipliers (Boolean WriteString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RaceState.Create (.RaceTypeData RaceTypeData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RaceState.RecalculateHullAndShieldMultipliers (Boolean WriteString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(would have mantised this but I am a lazy man)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
I get a hang (UI disappears, though ships in the main menu background turn transparent and keep moving around) when I try to load a 1.600 save.

Code: [Select]
OnGUI: System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

(would have mantised this but I am a lazy man)

Thanks!  Will have a released in just a few minutes. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:40 am »
FYI, this one has likely been fixed by 1.600.

EDIT: The same is true for these: 15177, 15010
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:13:08 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:13:47 am »
Thank you!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:33:15 am »
Some more: 14558, 15010 (in case you missed it the last time ;))

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:36:48 am »
I missed the second one last time; you added that after I posted. :)

For the 14558 one, is that the one you meant to link?  Is that addressed?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 11:45:17 am »
I missed the second one last time; you added that after I posted. :)

For the 14558 one, is that the one you meant to link?  Is that addressed?
Kind of. Since it has been possible for a while to make races break out of hostile alliances by poisoning their attitudes toward the remaining alliance members (given the respective toggle for extra dangerous alliances is off), I simply thought that you are likely not about to do anything more here.

But if you are inclined to allow for more than what is currently possible at some point  - let it live ;)...

Offline Histidine

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:54 pm »
I assume the tutorial modes and ending scenes for the new game modes are still WIP?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 02:07:37 am »
AFAIK yes :).

As a sidenote: Has anybody seen the new double-wide display in action yet?
I am running the game at 1600px wide and do not see it (it is supposed to appear for resolutions wider than 1440px, right?) ???.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 05:03:52 am »
Quick note:  I've sent an email related to the Burlust bit, but Yahoo is being glitchy about it and didn't display the "message sent!" bit that it's supposed to show, so I cant be entirely sure it did it properly, so just mentioning it here.  Hopefully the stupid thing actually did it right.  I hate dealing with email sometimes, feh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk