Author Topic: Save file location?  (Read 10572 times)

Offline steelwing

Save file location?
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:25:07 am »
Did the save file location change when the last expansion came out?  I'm trying to clean up some old save files, and I didn't want to have to delete them one at a time from within the game.  But I"m seeing save files listed in the game that I don't see in the RuntimeData/Save folder.  Linux user, if that matters.  Nor do I see my in-game profile stored in RuntimeData/Save as <profilename>.profile anymore.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Save file location?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:51:47 am »
Those should all be in there...  You might try checking what the path is listed as in that textbox at the bottom of the settings window, just in case.  Maybe that isn't what you expect, somehow.  The other possibility is that a more recent linux update is for some reason hiding .dat files, but that seems unlikely.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:35:14 am »
One thing I love about Linux is that files don't get hidden unless their names start with ".".  That's a convention of the POSIX filesystem standard, which nearly every FS usable by Linux follows.  You can tell the OS (rather your file browser) to not show you certain file types, but out of the box, dotted files (.bashrc, .bash_history, .local, .config, and so on) are the ONLY thing that gets hidden from view.
OTOH, I didn't even think of checking to see what settings tells me the path for save files is.  I'll have to look at that when I get home.

Offline steelwing

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:04:29 pm »
Yep, the path wasn't pointed where I thought it was.  Silly me.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »
No problem!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk