Author Topic: How to get Boarines to vote in?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
How to get Boarines to vote in?
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:09 pm »
My federation progress tells me that Boarines can vote to join the federation on part of the regent wanting solar unity...but I do not see the option on the menus to do so. How is it done?
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
Re: How to get Boarines to vote in?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »
Visit another race that they like, and see if there is an option there. I actually visited the Andors and used a deal there to get them to ask the Boarines to join the Federation.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »
Visit another race that they like, and see if there is an option there. I actually visited the Andors and used a deal there to get them to ask the Boarines to join the Federation.
That's not the question though. The question is how do you go to the Boarines themselves and ask them to join. The Federation window makes it look like it's possible, since it shows the various ways you can get someone in, and your chance of success. When you go to talk to the Boarines, though, you get nothing.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Konqq

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »
Yep, having the same problem.  I put a lot of work into getting the Regent to want solar unity and now... nothing. :(

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:41:21 am »
I had the same problem.

I think it's a bug...

Offline pepboy

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 10:51:42 am »
I'm not sure if this solves the issue but the Boarine regent has an agenda that needs to be accomplished before they feel Solar Unity is a good goal.  I assumed it would show up after Solar Unity became the regents goal.  Somewhere it mentions that you can either accomplish the regent's goal (to switch to Solar Unity eventually) or assassinate to hopefully get a regent who wants solar unity.  My apologies if I'm mistaken and it's a bug.

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »
From what I've seen a regent with the Solar Unity goal only unlocks the positive relations thing. The federation menu doesn't seem to exist at all for them, and I haven't found a way to get people trading with them either, so they just tend to get wiped off because of their chronic inability to join the federation.

Offline Silverfire

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 04:28:29 pm »
Yeah. For now, you have to backdoor them in. Look for trade routes you can establish between them and the three races who can backdoor them, and build up their RCI so 'Wellbeing Admiration' starts to stack in their favor. Don't have other races help them directly. They hate that.

Or just blow them up. Which if they are the last available target, ought to happen pretty darn fast.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »
Yeah, this bothered me too.  The fact that they have NO federation menu/options at all makes me raise an eyebrow.

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »
Perhaps they should have a Federation box but it says " They have no interest of joining the Federation,  we should try to get one of the other races to persuade them to join" or something like that.
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline Raide

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »
They're stuck in Solar Unity for years in my 2nd playthrough. After it reached the space as last race, they also happen to have -100ish relationship to Acutian (fear or something) so I can't make Acutian to invite Boarines to Federation (since it requires both of them to have +90 relationship). Same with Skylaxian with how they're both at 0 to each other, I couldn't get them to trade.

So what I do is to ask Acutians to dump toxic waste and market crash Boarines, then proceed to provoke negative relation (24+ months) between all Federation races and Boarines. Just keep fast-forwarding and the ending will trigger eventually as the Boarines were wiped out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk