Author Topic: General thoughts and issues I've noticed after playing for awhile  (Read 910 times)

Offline TheDarkMaster

• Newbie Mark III
If this isn't the right place for a bug report style post, please let me know and I'll move this.

-Information drop missions (give space-faring tech) can be virtually impossible on normal difficulty without spaceship powers.  Tested by starting with Andors.  This can include the first two quests.
-Building Acutian industry building (to increase the power of one CEO) doesn't seem to work.  Tested with building communication buildings, after doing so five times the industry has not increased in size, but insurance is now at 440 in size.
-Andor computer virus that increases order at the expense of medical score has resulted in a medical score of -5451, and an order score of 5418.  There doesn't seem to be any way for me to stop this.
-Mass Brawls event occured on Burlust world, resulted in -706 public order, and I have no way to effectively reverse this or end the event.  Everyone is now attacking them due to low public order.
-The huge negative modifiers for stealing tech seem to make doing so instead of getting the tech peacefully a bad idea.  I'm actually very confused as to why stealing tech is so frowned on when they're perfectly happy to help you research it.  Also, why does copying their tech take so long instead of stealing it?
-Bribing the Thoraxian queens has text with colons ( : ) that has nothing following it.  Additionally, it doesn't tell you how much your influence with them has improved when you bribe them, or how much it will improve before you bribe them.
-Thoraxian mood swings can result in the exact same mood as it was before.
-Are races that are allied suppose to defend one another?  If yes, they will not defend races that were being attacked before they became allied.  Thankfully, attacks against newly allied races will be ended.
-If two factions have little to no military power, they should be willing to make peace with one another on their own.  Then they can build up armadas again without them just dying almost immediately.
-Is there some way to raid pirates for loot or to destroy pirate bases without going to other races for help?  If yes, how is not obvious.
-The baby boom event resulted in a huge discrepancy in population counts between the different races.
-The option to acquire a space station peacefully, or build one for yourself would be nice.  Especially given how some key actions (build Acutian industry building) can only be taken if you control one.
-Returning all prisoners can result in an error message for information being displayed that shouldn't be.  There probably needs to be something that de-selects these things if doing them makes them no longer do-able.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:55:39 pm by TheDarkMaster »

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
Re: General thoughts and issues I've noticed after playing for awhile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:36:41 pm »
If you want to get information more directly to the devs, check out this post. Of course you're welcome to post in the forums if you want to start a more general discussion and refine your ideas before posting it up there. And the devs do read through the forums pretty frequently, but being so busy with the new game release just now seems to be putting a damper on that at the moment. So if you really want them to see feedback, just make it a ticket on the bugtracker and it'll get looked at.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Offline TheDarkMaster

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »
Thanks, I've made an account in there and have posted these in a bunch of issues.

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »
That's how they rope you in. It starts with a bug report here, and a feature request there. Then before you know it your post count is in four digits and you realize you've been posting for ... three years?! Oh, man, I need to get out more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk