Author Topic: Congratulations and 4:3 support  (Read 962 times)

Offline Ravinius

• Newbie Mark II
Congratulations and 4:3 support
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »
First thing first, congratulations on another awesome release.
Now for the second matter- it seems that the intro screens don't work well with 4:3 monitors. I know they're not top of the line as 16:9 and 16:10 monitors are what's generally used today but I'm sure there are still people who use them (for example due to shortage in cash). Basically to have the pictures wholly on screen I have to use resolution that pushes interface outside of screen. Granted that's not that big of deal since one can simply watch the pictures in one resolution and after that change it for the actual gameplay, but still it would be nice to not need to do it.
And did I already congratulate you for another awesome release?

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
Re: Congratulations and 4:3 support
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:19:31 pm »
As someone with a 4:3 monitor, I play the game in 1280 x 720 but when I played it on 1280 x 1024 the only issues I noticed where that the race and background art was cut off but after an hour I forgot about it.  Zoom out of the combat for a better experience.  I use an old monitor because my laptop screen died.
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline Ravinius

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Congratulations and 4:3 support
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
That's exactly the problem for me the race background and intro art is cut off. As I already said not a major problem. That said I remember something similar in skyward collapse. Namely the armageddon tooltip was too big on 4:3 monitors and good people at Arcen Games fixed it (even got a thank you in patch notes:))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk