Author Topic: Bug? Planetory Ion Cannon OP now? (1.005)  (Read 949 times)

Offline th_pion

• Newbie Mark II
Bug? Planetory Ion Cannon OP now? (1.005)
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:02:24 am »
Ok i just started a game in Observer mode with version 1.005 (actually it is an old save file, in case that matters). Gigantic fleets just got destroyed in seconds as soon as they arrived at an enemy planet and I could not find out by what. My only guess are the Ion Cannons. This happend to all fleets on all planets (at least late game) and definitly looked like a bug (the game did not end, because nobody could conquer any planets in the late game).

Offline Histidine

Re: Bug? Planetory Ion Cannon OP now? (1.005)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:12 am »
Mantis reports:
0014615: Superior fleet (5 times power) crushed by boarine defenses
0014688: Defender armadas instagib attackers

As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with ion cannons; the combat calculations are just massively stacked in favour of a planet defender.

Offline th_pion

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 07:36:08 am »
Started a fresh game (instead of an old save file) and  Ion Cannons seem to work fine now, so that might have been the issue. However no bombing is doing shit. There is an 2 mio points armada bombing a planet for literally decades, and the Burlust's ground forces are decreasing EXTREMLY slow. Not sure what is going on with this.

I was pretty hyped for the game, and it is ok to have some bugs on release...but the game is out for a week now, get you simulation right. This is really silly. Everygame in Observermode produces a strange result. And I'm trying it almost everyday with every patch.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:48:30 am »
Are you sure that it's going that slow? Burlusts have good ground forces, remember. Who was attacking them, and with how many ground troops? When the Acutians declared the first war of the game against the Thoraxians (first race into space) in my 1.005 game, they could take them out in like a month; I was on super-fast-forward at the time and the Thoraxians were dead before I was even aware there was a war. I had to reload and go in normal fast-forward so I could catch it.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline th_pion

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:21:45 am »
they attacked without ground forces. They were bombing, with a 2mio point fleet. And yes, the Burlust lost ground forces, but EXTREMLY slow.

Offline jonasan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 04:18:06 am »
well perhaps this could use some attention, but i have found that when things are set up right planet invasions/bombing can progress at perfectly acceptable speeds in the early and late game - even terrifyingly quickly. Last night i got my thorax to massacre a acutian fear empire (huge population worlds, very respectable ground forces) and with their natural affinity and tech advantage (from their skylax allies) they munched through the defensive fleets and were killing billions of the capitalist buggers every day... moving from one planet to the next and exterminating the acutians in timely fashion! was great to watch/help bring about :)

and for straight bombing i have seen the peltians (and others) wipe the surface of many a planet from orbit pretty damn quickly, though sometimes i have to do a little sabotage to take down bomb shelters etc...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk