Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.5: Awesome And Humble  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.5: Awesome And Humble
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 03:49:45 am »
The fix is out! Version_1.501
And it doesn't install, or at least I have still a message of 1 update to be DL in top left corner, 2 packages repeatidly.
"Game Version 1.500 1 UPDATE" infinitely

I actually am having this very same issue.... and I'm running the development version, which I updated 3 times, just in case.  So it's impossible for me to be missing anything here.

It sounds more like a display bug than anything else, but it IS rather annoying.  It glows and everything.  Hopefully that's all it is though.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 09:37:09 am »
Ack!  Yep, it was pretty much a display thing, for the most part.  All the important parts had downloaded, but the thing that increments the version number was not applied properly.  If you do one more update it should work fine now!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 08:55:40 am »
I haven't gotten close to killing any of Misery's new bosses. I hope he dies to Loco at least once. I'm going to go back to working on the [redacted] now that this Humble Patch seems to be working. Alternatively, I also might start on the level perks or mission thingie updates.
Loco was crazy, but I did actually beat it rather easily. It was just unexpectedly aggressive.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 10:54:50 am »
Beautiful job on the new bosses, and I'm loving that Skeleton Key item.  I got that in my last two runs.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 07:28:35 pm »
Beautiful job on the new bosses, and I'm loving that Skeleton Key item.  I got that in my last two runs.

Aye, with the update to the consumables in particular (and thus, making locked chests good) that item turned out to be really darn useful.

....unless the RNG turns out to be an absolute snot on a particular run and does that THING where you have the ability to unlock a bazillion things but it doesn't give you a bazillion things to unlock.   I hate when it does that.  Clearly it does it on purpose.

Offline steelwing

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 10:33:50 am »

Aye, with the update to the consumables in particular (and thus, making locked chests good) that item turned out to be really darn useful.

....unless the RNG turns out to be an absolute snot on a particular run and does that THING where you have the ability to unlock a bazillion things but it doesn't give you a bazillion things to unlock.   I hate when it does that.  Clearly it does it on purpose.
Or the THING where you have a bazillion things to unlock.  And only 2 keys.  In one entire floor.  During your entire run.
Much more aggravating, that is.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 02:02:14 am »
Haven't had access to a laptop for over a month and here I find out that so much epic new stuff has been released. Awesome! I was planning to play some total war tonight but screw that, it's SR time! Great job guys.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
Good lord. This game got harder. Been trying to progress on Hard but have been consistently dying on the level 2 boss.

In other words: This is fun!

EDIT: And GREAT work on weapon and pickup rebalancing. It feels like almost every pickup is worth considering now. Makes for a much more exciting game.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk