Author Topic: Not sure if these are bugs in version 1.013  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Dare_Wreck

Not sure if these are bugs in version 1.013
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:58:40 am »
I just played about 2 floors of a new game in version 1.013, and I came across two things that I'm not entirely sure I observed correctly.  These might be bugs, or they actually might be me not paying close attention to what I was doing, however I felt it worth pass along in case anyone else notices this behavior, too.

First of all, while using the Red Shift Mech (and thus had no starting shields), I took a point of damage on the first floor, but otherwise got a perfect against the boss there.  I was then awarded the Untouchable achievement (completing a floor with no damage), which shouldn't have happened.

Secondly, I'm not entirely sure, but I may have missed going up a level and forgot to take an upgrade perk at that time.  Once I realized I had a perk to select, I pressed the button to bring up the 3 perks to choose from, and selected the one that grants you 5 keys.  Then, a second upgrade perk selection window appeared (making me think I actually went up 2 levels without realizing it), and I chose something else.  I didn't realize it until a few rooms later, but I don't think I actually got those keys, as my key counter was sitting at 0 after opening up at most one door.  So, I'm really not sure if I did go up 2 levels or not - the perk selection might have been bugged and simply regenerated a new list of 3 for me to pick from after I tried to choose one.

Sorry for these bug reports being a bit vague!  I hope it's detailed enough for someone else to see if they notice the same behavior.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Not sure if these are bugs in version 1.013
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:08:58 am »
You can go up multiple levels in a room.  It happens from time to time.  The key thing I can look into, the achievement I cannot (beyond what I can and can't do).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:38:16 am »
I can confirm the Keyprentice perk gives 0 key in 1.013. For a moment there I thought my "E" key was broken. :P

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:20:26 am »
The key issue also happened to me, along with a sacrifice room item taking more health than it's supposed to. It said it cost 5, it took 7. RIP run :(

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:45:11 am »
In the 1.013 the health cost of sacrifice items were increased by 2 per item you buy. It may be the case it isn't showing the updated price.

Also, I wanted to say that I enjoy your videos. Go team Flame Tank!

PS It made me very happy when you realized you could buy experience with all of your extra credits.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 07:17:23 am »
I noticed that some of them were updated to cost 2 more hp and some weren't, but it's good to know that they were universally increased. It was definitely just a case of the game not informing me properly, then.

Also, thank you! I'm still learning but I feel I'm starting to get the hang of things pretty well.

(also also, can we make Team Flame Tank a thing? the Incinerator is <3)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:51:48 pm »
I noticed that some of them were updated to cost 2 more hp and some weren't, but it's good to know that they were universally increased.

The patch notes state:
"Now when you buy a health-cost item it increases the cost of future health-cost items during that run by 2. Stacks."

See: https://www.arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Post-1.0_Release_Notes

Also, thank you! I'm still learning but I feel I'm starting to get the hang of things pretty well.

That reminds me, press F7 in game to see hitboxes!

(also also, can we make Team Flame Tank a thing? the Incinerator is <3)

Hmm, so I know Cinth would join. The question is would it just be a general club. Or would it be a team a super heroes (like the Power Rangers), in case each member would have to have their own color. We can mod the color of the mech and even the flames.

I don't know whether to call dibs on Flame Tank Green or Flame Tank Prismatic.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk