Author Topic: Health sacrifice shops - how they work  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
Health sacrifice shops - how they work
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:44:55 pm »
Using the Redshift Mech as I don't think my reactions are really good enough for the regular mechs, in case it's relevant.

On level 2 I purchased two upgrades from the health sacrifice shop, but the health taken didn't match up with what the shop said.  I lost five health on the first purchase (12-5=7), but on the second purchase I should have lost three more health(7-3=4?), but instead I was left with 1 health (7-3=1!). :o

Additionally, after that, even though I managed to collect quite a lot of health thingammajigs to gain extra health, I never got that extra health.  I stayed at one health all the way until I died on level four.  How does this work?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Health sacrifice shops - how they work
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
Was the second health-cost item the glass hull one?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:33 pm »
I don't think so, it was offering +200 to energy and said it would remove three health.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:25:22 pm »
The +200 energy one is the glass hull, and it sets your max health to 1. So it's not a general problem with health costs, though its description should tell you what's going on. It should probably not be a health shop item, I dunno. Will pass it along.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:46:26 pm »
If memory serves me correctly the description of the item is something like '+200 energy but at what cost.'.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
Yeah, I dared on two occasions to acquire an item that said "at what cost?" - it's always health to 1 and shields to 1 or 0 or something. Needless to say, the two runs ended before the Warden.

You might want to update that description. ;) Also, I think +200 energy is not worth 1 max health, but that's me.

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:51:57 am »
'+200 energy but at what cost.'.
That's it!  As the item "costs" three health in the shop, I assumed that was the full cost.  My mistake, but it might be wise to make it clearer.

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:45 am »
The glass hull costs one health last I checked. Sets up a good "oh, it doesn't TAKE one health" realization.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk