Author Topic: Good Starward Rogue series  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Good Starward Rogue series
« on: February 03, 2016, 01:31:01 am »
I've been watching this Starward Rogue Let's Play series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr7IZN94_WgsUkJ1AN3Ug6sJ8QA3fZ7fO

It's nice to see someone really enjoying the game and doing a lot of runs. Just bigging this up to support a tuber with an interest in the game. If nobody watches the vids, then they'll stop doing them, right?

Anybody know of any other good series...'s?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:34:44 am by Pepisolo »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Good Starward Rogue series
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 01:54:48 am »
I've been watching this Starward Rogue Let's Play series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr7IZN94_WgsUkJ1AN3Ug6sJ8QA3fZ7fO

It's nice to see someone really enjoying the game and doing a lot of runs. Just bigging this up to support a tuber with an interest in the game. If nobody watches the vids, then they'll stop doing them, right?

Anybody know of any other good series...'s?
to be fair considering how low the views he's getting are I don't think hes doing it for views really but yea nice to some one with a enthusiasm for it.
c.r

Offline arcee

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:42:14 am »
There's a bunch of private videos in the playlist.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 03:18:53 pm »
There's a bunch of private videos in the playlist.

Yeah, those should be more Starward Rogue vids on the way. Looks like we'll get an 8 part series, at least.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »
I guess I may as well make an account over here.

Thanks for sharing my playlist! That means a lot to me :D

And I can tell you that I fully intend to upload at least one video a day of Starward Rogue. It deserves a lot more, but I only have so much time to devote to it.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:01 pm »

And I can tell you that I fully intend to upload at least one video a day of Starward Rogue. It deserves a lot more, but I only have so much time to devote to it.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm really enjoying the series so far. Sorry about how that Assassin run ended -- that was actually a bug. You're supposed to only get brought down to 1 health, not killed outright. Oops! A fix for that should be incoming soon.  I've watched the whole series so far, and am looking forward to the next episodes. Cheers!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:19 pm »
Nice to see you over here.

Some notes from your video.
  • Sacrifice shop items kill you if you lack the current health, but do have the max health (on the list to fix)
  • Bonuses that grant a buff until you take any damage, include taking shield damage.
[li]I think the Charger sound file volume level is on the todo list as well.
[/li][/list]
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 09:11:58 pm »

Thanks for stopping by! I'm really enjoying the series so far. Sorry about how that Assassin run ended -- that was actually a bug. You're supposed to only get brought down to 1 health, not killed outright. Oops! A fix for that should be incoming soon.  I've watched the whole series so far, and am looking forward to the next episodes. Cheers!
The fix is just waiting to be verified and added to the next build. 
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »
I think the Charger sound file volume level is on the todo list as well.

Yeah, I've already put a quick fix in for this actually. Misery reuses a lot of bullet stuff (which is absolutely fine), so sometimes I'll put a sound on some code that is fine for one enemy, but when that sound turns up for a different enemy it sounds crazy. I've gotta look at any code that is being shared and maybe create a separate version of it for each enemy, so that the effects can be assigned individually.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »
Misery reuses a lot of bullet stuff

Yay for laziness!

....aaaaand that's my entire contribution here at the moment.  Definitely time to get some sleep I think.

Good to see ya here by the way, Zephyr.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »

welcome new blood also may I add that I think your videos (that I have watched) are excellent your commentating voice is superb you have a confidence that others I've come across don't really have.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk