Author Topic: New alpha version 0.136 now out! (NOTE: Super easy to miss it by accident!)  (Read 1404 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
NOTE!!!!  Make sure that you look on the main menu waaay over there on the right side, hardly noticeable.  Sorry it's so hard to see right now.  At least it works, though!

The release notes: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Early_Alpha_Release_Notes#Version_0.136
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Okay, first impressions: The balance has clearly in favour for the player. I was able to complete 3 floors until I died. I think the difficulty of now os what the game should stay at.
It's fair for the average casual gamer while still being challenging.
The consumable powers are really neat and helped me to defeat some bosses (0 energy costs for 10 seconds? Geeeeet dunked on!). They can give you just the edge you need to defeat some of the nastier bosses.

I'm pretty positive the game can become something great.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
NOTE!!!!  Make sure that you look on the main menu waaay over there on the right side, hardly noticeable.  Sorry it's so hard to see right now.  At least it works, though!

The release notes: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Early_Alpha_Release_Notes#Version_0.136

Yup.  I missed it.  I made it bigger so maybe next time I'll see it.  Chris, if you don't laugh at the slight irony in this, I'll... I dunno... be sad???

Okay, first impressions: The balance has clearly in favour for the player. I was able to complete 3 floors until I died. I think the difficulty of now os what the game should stay at.
It's fair for the average casual gamer while still being challenging.
The consumable powers are really neat and helped me to defeat some bosses (0 energy costs for 10 seconds? Geeeeet dunked on!). They can give you just the edge you need to defeat some of the nastier bosses.

I'm pretty positive the game can become something great.

Agree on the difficulty level for normal.  Felt plenty comfortable to play, make a mistake or two, and actually be able to move on.  Misery (game difficulty) is plenty challenging (don't get hit, at all, period!).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
hey I got a key today so ill finally be able to get involved ill put in my first impressions after a couple of hours.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk