Author Topic: First thoughts (0.137)  (Read 1385 times)

Offline jerith

First thoughts (0.137)
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:53:06 pm »
"Tutorials are a fatal error. I guess that's something that still has to happen. Time to restart."
"How do I make this thing move? Cool, WASD works."
"How do I shoot? There's probably a controls settings screen somewhere. Oh, I have a mouse. That shoots."
"There are some things that look like doors. Nice, there are new rooms."
"Is this a keycard? Why didn't the keycard count go up? Oh, credits."
"Yay! Baddies. Now I can shoot things that aren't made of glass."
"Oops, I guess shops don't exist yet. Hello friendly red text."
"It looks like these tiles should be breakable, but I can't break them. Oh well."
"There are enemies behind these tiles I can't seem to break."
"Huh, I managed to break one somehow and I don't know how. I can't do it again."
"I wonder how I use this item in the bottom right. Maybe I should check the controls at some point."
"Okay, this is a boss. It doesn't seem too hard. Maybe because I'm playing on Very Easy."
"Floor 2/5, I guess this means I have three more after this one."
"More things behind these unbreakable tiles. I still can't break them."
"I wonder if it's worth trying to find a cheap controller for this sort of game."
"Wow, I can zoom out. That makes things much easier. I can see the things that are shooting at me now!"
"There *must* be some reliable way to break these things. Too much stuff is behind them."
"What was that? Did I accidentally hit a button? Oh, 'f'. That's what missiles are."
"YAY! Missiles break those unbreakable tiles! ALL THE LOOT SHALL BE MINE!"
"I should probably write these thoughts up before I forget them."
"Mmm, supper was delicious."
"Why is this forum editor weird? Why can't I type markup anymore? Screw it, I'll copy/paste from emacs."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: First thoughts (0.137)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 03:15:48 pm »
Lol, that was funny to read.
But my first thoughts were similiar to that.
The game is really intuitive and if you had some experience with similiar games like this you probably shouldn't have a problem from finding out everything on your own.

Also a side note on a cheap controller: Don't. I have one and the games does not work with it. The game realizes I have a cheap controller but is confused with the buttons and think's I'm constantly pressing the same buttons (which I don't). If you want to play the game with a controller, invest some more money in it and get a Xbox controller or a PS4 controller (the game seems to work fine with those).
And no, my controller is not broken. He works fine on other games. I think it has something to do with the engine, so there is nothing Arcen could do about it.

Offline jerith

Re: First thoughts (0.137)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:24:29 pm »
Also a side note on a cheap controller: Don't.

Noted, thanks.

I bought a cheap joystick to play Wing Commander a couple of years ago and it lasted a week before I discovered that they'd used plastic for a critical structural component. I invested in a slightly less cheap joystick to play TIE Fighter, and that's still working for me. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk