Author Topic: Stars Beyond Reach: First Video and Tales of Woe Part 1 of 3  (Read 23899 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Stars Beyond Reach: First Video and Tales of Woe Part 1 of 3
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 04:37:48 pm »
 ;D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 07:43:25 am »
I will go for the Blueshirts this time, if you please :).
Awesome video, the Tales of Woe one!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2015, 08:47:18 am »
I will go for the Blueshirts this time, if you please :).
Awesome video, the Tales of Woe one!

Blue it is!  And glad you like the video. :D

The second one should be done any day now, and I'm even more excited about that one.  I was honestly feeling pretty iffy on part 3 based on... I don't know, over-familiarity.  I felt like it just wasn't as funny when I was going in and editing the audio.  The voices were great, and there were funny parts, but I knew all the jokes and it wasn't making me really laugh anymore.  But with some strategic editing, and then a really good (if I do say so) usage of sound effects, I made something I'm really proud of there, too.  And then of course Julian always kicks it up to 1000% after that.  So I'm really pleased, I think all three are at least as strong as this first one now, or at least should be. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kizor

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 08:03:02 pm »
Hey there. I've Mantised some things and I'm up for some more. I'd prefer "the game explodes when I try to load an iron man save" to "horticulture is OP", but since you have plenty of redshirts, I could be blue.

Also, my monitor is older than some of the people reading this topic.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:12:10 pm by Kizor »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:57 pm »
Hey there. I've Mantised some things and I'm up for some more. I'd prefer "the game explodes when I try to load an iron man save" to "horticulture is OP", but since you have plenty of redshirts, I could be blue.

Also, my monitor is older than some of the people reading this topic.

Awesome, I have you down as blue!  For reference, what size is your monitor, how is it on brightness and such (I assume older CRT), what aspect ratio, and what resolution do you play at?  I'm wondering if you have problems seeing things with the slight fuzz that CRTs give or if they seem clear, given your setup.  Should be a good test of our font and button sizes, heh.

Offline Kizor

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »
It's not CRT, "alas", but 15", 4:3, and 1024 x 768. The Last Federation works smoothly on this setup, thanks for that.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:16 pm »
Excellent, good to know. :)  Thanks!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 08:47:57 pm »
How serious are you about wanting the game tested on a CRT? Pretty sure I still have one around.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 09:07:11 pm »
Not too serious, honestly.  If someone has it, then great.  Otherwise, I don't much care.  I'm not sure how many people still use those, to be honest.  2005 still seems like yesterday to me, but in reality it was a long time ago. :)  That was kind of the end of the era of CRTs for me, computer-wise at least.

Offline Stilgar

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »
I must say I did not like the last federation or skyward collapse, but this looks a lot more like my style of game. It looks awesome on so many level. Graphic are beautiful, asymmetric play is very interesting and I really like the unit less approach and non blocking attack stuff (I loath using planes in civ due to the animation delay....). and the SciFy setting look interesting. Hopefully I will be more successful at it than at AI war :).

Anyway, If you can add me to the blue shirts, I would be happy to help test (not having fun I promise ;)).

Offline Histidine

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:30 am »
Gotta love the subtext of Tales of Woe. "Yeah, you've got no worthwhile skills to speak of right now, and you can't learn anything new at a worthwhile rate... I guess we'll make you the leader."

:P

I don't have any particular preference for testing schedule, so put me in any wave that needs more bodies thrown into the breach. ;)

Offline steelwing

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »
I've had some time open up.  Any chance I can still join the blueshirts? :D

Offline NichG

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 07:47:36 am »
I'm interested in joining the beta.

Offline Mushboom

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 11:55:10 pm »
Still looking for some beta testers? I feel like helping out with this game is the least I could do for getting some of your other games at a ludicrously good price in a bundle  :P

In all seriousness, I respect Arcen Games' design philosophy and would like to contribute a bit.

Offline rallythelegions

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:29 pm »
Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em! I would love to beta test this (at whatever level).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk