Author Topic: Instructions for Beta Testers (PLEASE ACTUALLY READ IF A TESTER)!  (Read 50430 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Re: Instructions for Beta Testers (PLEASE ACTUALLY READ IF A TESTER)!
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 03:56:38 pm »
As of right now, nope. I'm looking into making that happen though!
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 06:31:32 pm »
I'm impressed this post is still getting replies so many patches ahead (:,
c.r

Offline jerith

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 03:42:40 am »
I'm impressed this post is still getting replies so many patches ahead (:,

Some of us have been avoiding other threads so as to have an unbiased first impression of the game. :-)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:44 pm »
Testers added on May 5th (Orangeshirts!):
jerith
Shrugging Khan
MaskityMask
donblas
Drakonis
tombik
Timfortress
UsF
YoukaiCountry
Mayjori
nas1m
Eternaly_Lost
Endymion
Zebeast46

You should all have PMs from me at this point.  If any of you are missing one, let me know!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 09:11:44 pm »
Like an idiot, I sent all you guys AI War keys instead of SBR keys.  If you don't have AI War already, by all means enjoy.  But I sent a followup PM that has a proper SBR key.  Sorry about that!

If I messed anything else up there and you didn't get a second PM from me, I'll have to correct it in the morning, I really need to go right now.  But I am 95% sure I did it right this time.  If I missed you, though, it was totally a fat-finger on my part, not intentional!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 03:03:31 pm »
god dam I didn't get a free game with my invite! ??? (favouritism tut-tut-tut)
c.r

Offline topper

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »
god dam I didn't get a free game with my invite! ??? (favouritism tut-tut-tut)

...you did.
                                   its just not totally finished yet  :P

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 04:11:18 pm »
hu? I thought I was going to have to pay to keep playing this when It was fully released?.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 04:22:06 pm »
hu? I thought I was going to have to pay to keep playing this when It was fully released?.

No, it's yours to keep!

Offline UsF

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »
My game seems to be stuck in an endless loop where I cannot access the save menu function anymore and the next turn button does not appear. How would I go about reporting such an issue/bug? Is there a debug functionality to see what is going on? Maybe a logfile or console output that I can report?

Edit: If needed, I could start a Steam Broadcast of this issue. :) Will keep it up to wait for a reply for some time.
Edit2: Asking this, because I cannot generate a savegame as needed from it and wondering if it would be reproducible.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:51:19 pm by UsF »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »
My game seems to be stuck in an endless loop where I cannot access the save menu function anymore and the next turn button does not appear. How would I go about reporting such an issue/bug? Is there a debug functionality to see what is going on? Maybe a logfile or console output that I can report?

Edit: If needed, I could start a Steam Broadcast of this issue. :) Will keep it up to wait for a reply for some time.
Edit2: Asking this, because I cannot generate a savegame as needed from it and wondering if it would be reproducible.

Ah!  Yeah, MaskityMask just reported this also, turns out.  I just pushed a new version that should no longer have that problem.  So strange that only the two of you have run into this!  The code I fixed seemed to be quite old, so it must have been something about the wind conditions being just right in order to invoke this bug.  Anyway, I 100% definitely saw what it was in the code in MaskityMask's case, which was reproducible from a savegame he had extremely reliably, and now is fixed.  So that should also fix yours.  Sorry about the savegame loss issue!

Offline MaskityMask

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 06:44:26 am »
Ah, you mean the problem I had where if I didn't destroy my cultural buildings I would have had eventually been forced to get devotion from skill tree to end the turn and start transdence end game? (I don't remember having problem where I couldn't save so not sure if this is another save I have sent <_<)Thats fixed now? :D Yay!

(Though it turned out that I wouldn't have needed to destroy my cultural buildings since thoraxian ai seems to lack aggressiveness right now. That or they like me too much. Either way, they never seem to attack even with devotion picked. But neverthless, at least when thoraxian ai is done, yay I don't have to force them to zerg me!)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 11:55:39 pm »
Testers added on May 22nd (Blueshirts!):
Aklyon
Cinth
Cyborg
Mick
Darloth
Zalrus9
Kizor
steelwing
Utrick
Stilgar
Vacuity
notagreatgamer
Physicaque
Deekay
Paps
tadrinth
SugeBearX

Offline SugeBearX

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2015, 06:41:19 pm »
Huzzah!!! Already logged a decent amount of hours and the game is fantastic so far.  :) My first batch of reports will be incoming as soon as I register to Mantis and make sure I am not duplicating previously reported issues and suggestions. Thanks for letting me help with the beta...believe me when I say it's an honor to be able to help with your game in some small way. Cheers!  8)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:58 pm »
Huzzah!!! Already logged a decent amount of hours and the game is fantastic so far.  :) My first batch of reports will be incoming as soon as I register to Mantis and make sure I am not duplicating previously reported issues and suggestions. Thanks for letting me help with the beta...believe me when I say it's an honor to be able to help with your game in some small way. Cheers!  8)

Should have responded sooner, but just saw this.  Thank you!  But you already know that from other threads, I suspect.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk