Author Topic: Beta 0.895 (Top Bar And AI Expansionism)  (Read 3847 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.895 (Top Bar And AI Expansionism)
« on: June 17, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »
Notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.895

Some of the least-clear stuff on the top interface should hopefully be a lot more clear now, and the AIs are now a lot better at managing territories (we still have more to do, but they claim territories now, which is great).  We also now have passive-until-aggro'd monsters, which is very exciting for me personally.  Expect to see a lot more of that in the coming weeks, there is some awesome artwork Blue has already completed in that area.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Beta 0.895 (Top Bar And AI Expansionism)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:06 pm »
Look like there's an issue with mapgen (or else I'm missing something important).  I have thoraxian nests spawning in every territory.  I added a Mantis ticket here.

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:36 pm »
Are seaports supposed to be built in the middle of an ocean by the AI? If not, then the peltians in my game are cheating  :P

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »
Dropping your lander into a territory should probably eliminate the monsters in that territory.  I'm getting attacked as soon as I place my lander and build explorer camps.

Offline Gwmngilfen

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 08:18:01 pm »
Liking the new passive rogues, once I got a game started (same issue as Billick). Makes the early game much more thought-provoking, as I work out how to fit my fledgling city into a single territory. Expansionism is definitely working, I saw the AI grab some land - that adds a nice time pressure to my decision making too.

No report on later-game play yet, as I wiped myself out around turn 100, by stupidly attacking the Neinzul. They had more missiles than I thought *facepalm*

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:59:19 am »
they claim territories now, which is great

:D

Yay !

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 11:14:51 am »
Look like there's an issue with mapgen (or else I'm missing something important).  I have thoraxian nests spawning in every territory.  I added a Mantis ticket here.

Fixed, thanks. :)

Are seaports supposed to be built in the middle of an ocean by the AI? If not, then the peltians in my game are cheating  :P

Not supposed to happen -- the AIs are defnitely cheating in a few ways on placement, and they're also overly restricted in some other ways.  Some bugs I have to hunt down with them..

They had more missiles than I thought

Epitaph!  ;D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »

Not supposed to happen -- the AIs are defnitely cheating in a few ways on placement, and they're also overly restricted in some other ways.  Some bugs I have to hunt down with them..

Ok, I'll mantis it then :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »
Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk