Author Topic: Beta 0.890-0.893 (Overhaul to Territories)  (Read 5307 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.890-0.893 (Overhaul to Territories)
« on: June 15, 2015, 05:31:39 pm »
Notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.890

I have to run, but I wanted to get this out to folks since I promised it would be out almost an hour ago.

The main caveat I have for you is that the AI doesn't quite know how to play territories properly yet.  It's getting there, but it isn't placing its seaports and resource extractors with the proper rules, and the new logic for how it captures territories is MIA.  Those should all be fixed up tomorrow, we just didn't have time and didn't figure that was worth delaying this more for.  Within their own territories, and when they happen to capture a territory, the AI is playing great.

Will post more tonight, and will also get the blackshirts in.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:47:22 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Beta 0.890 (Overhaul to Territories)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »
Hate to be the grinch, but: The Lander refuses to work due to presumably not being placed in an owned territory  :-\: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=17231

Update: And I got another one: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=17232
Time to go to bed for me now. See you guys!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:49:37 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 05:52:43 pm »
I haven't encountered either of these bugs interesting that you choose to take away the build limit.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »
also I wonder if pre patch saves are going to work with this.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:14:47 pm »
Updating now.  Barring anything drastic, I'm going to build the biggest, ugliest city yet (and have fun doing it) :P
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 06:49:31 pm »
Coolness, not sure if I can play today but I definitely can get a crack at it by tommorow.
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 06:54:39 pm »

Just a thought rooster, but i would start fresh, just to make sure i'm not stepping on complications from the old save file. Of course you can do what you think is best. I'm just throwing out a thought.  :)

-Teal

Offline jerith

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 07:03:49 pm »
Ah, good. A new SBR at 1am when I need an earlyish night (by my standards, at least) because I'm sick. At least tomorrow's a public holiday, so I get to bundle up in blankets with hot toddies and play the whole day without pesky work stuff interrupting. ;)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 07:14:47 pm »
Keep queing techs got unbound (or split off something?), though thats hardly a big deal and I rebound it easily.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »
Sorry about the timing on that!  I know that's inconvenient for a lot of folks, but whoof it was quite a job getting it ready this fast.

Other notes:

1. New version with a few fixes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.891

2. Yes, all old savegames still "work" in the sense that they load and it adds in territories and so on.  But... well, there is likely to be a lot of insanity in many of them.  We've still been using many of the old standby test cases hourly, though, so it's not like they're unplayable.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 07:58:34 pm »

Just a thought rooster, but i would start fresh, just to make sure i'm not stepping on complications from the old save file. Of course you can do what you think is best. I'm just throwing out a thought.  :)

-Teal
I've already started a new game I'm just curious really.(I guess the only way to find out is to take a look and see)
c.r

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:11 pm »

-Teal
I've already started a new game I'm just curious really.(I guess the only way to find out is to take a look and see)

Have fun with it, let me know how it turns out.  :)

-Teal

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 08:56:36 pm »

-Teal

Have fun with it, let me know how it turns out.  :)

-Teal
just tried out my old felyn game and turns out its not quite as crazy as I expected the territory's fit in perfectly  although a few of the buildings don't work doing to them being in territory's belonging now I wonder what would happen if I tried out one of my OLD old saves that existed when building cap wasn't a thing and you could have multiple city's (:
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Re: Beta 0.890-0.893 (Overhaul to Territories)
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 10:47:34 pm »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk