Author Topic: Beta 0.851 now out. (mouse controls, medical, etc.)  (Read 1694 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.851 now out. (mouse controls, medical, etc.)
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:54 pm »
Here ya go: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.851

This release is not a complete "thought."  There are going to be a couple of those in a row.  There are some good bugfixes in here, though, and some balance changes that should be good even in isolation, so here we are.

I have a huge todo list all of a sudden with things I actually know what I want to do with, so that's very exciting.  I've deferred meeting with my dad to discuss diplomacy until next week, and I might have that figured out without him anyhow.  We'll see.

Today's release was slowed up a lot by the mouse handling changes, which took a long time to go through and get working.  Definitely worth it, though.  But if you see something strange with mouse handling, you'll know why that is. ;)

I have some big plans for:
1. Building caps, ala ptarth's wise suggestions.
2. More building differentiation in a variety of places (see how the medical ones were moved further apart from one another here for one example of that).
3. A number of other buildings redefined to just be plain more interesting or useful than their current form.
4. Some improvements to disease and crime so that you aren't getting smashed by either so much as now.
5. A long list of stuff that Keith is plowing steadily through from mantis.

A lot of that can be read here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14XQ61PpOfTHiusfdy0D6Vjq2OjNN04GkKddpYV7ZrJE/edit

But not quite everything, some is just in my head, on some paper, etc.  Lots and lots coming over the next couple of days to complete this current thought and get us to 0.860.  That won't resolve international incidents or AI interactions/diplomacy at all, but it should tidy up the citybuilding really well and set the stage for me to hopefully tidy up the other bits next week.  And then hopefully that sets the stage for "just" polish from here to release.  We'll see.  That's the current best plan I have at the moment, anyway. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Beta 0.851 now out. (mouse controls, medical, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:28:24 pm »
you know for some reason it still surprises me when I see to updates in a row from you but any way is it just me or has this period of testing felt like its gone by really quickly? maybe its just me being new to this testing business?.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 05:30:17 pm »
It's their torrid pace in comparison to AAA studios ;)

The rapid pace does tend to keep things interesting on our end though.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:16:17 am »
:)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk