Author Topic: Beta 0.840 now out. (Holy @%$#$ it's huge, plus blueshirts now)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.840

Perhaps you had better just read them.  Unless you're a blueshirt, in which case please ignore.  You'll be getting your PMs from me over the next 10-20 minutes, basically as fast as I can send them.

The TLDR from all that on the release notes:

1. Pollution is way more efficient, and will look better, and be better to deal with.

2. Crime is really really shifted in terms of what causes the most of it, and building a ton of buildings is the #1 offender now.

3. Ergo, build smaller cities in terms of building count, but hit high populations (higher than in the past, even) using a combination of natural wonders, resources, adjacency bonuses, and/or multiple cities.

4. And lastly, teleporters have been redefined from their former stupid definition (I can say that since it was mine) to a new and awesome usage that solves some otherwise nasty habits that players would be tempted into.  Which were particularly incompatible habits with the new crime-from-buildings stuff.

Three releases in a day, woo!  I hadn't meant this one to be so major, but here we are.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Beta 0.840 now out. (Holy @%$#$ it's huge, plus blueshirts now)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:59:19 am »
Awesome stuff! Really looking forward to trying these out.
Combined with the new resources and wonders it looks to be a whole new game you have there :D.
Also: very cool new saucers (only had time to check out the assets so far). A huge step in flavor!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »
So, Given the Wiki is still offline, can we get the change log here for this version and 0.826? I have been putting off playing until I read it and I really want to know what changed. The move over happened before I got a chance to read it.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »
So, Given the Wiki is still offline, can we get the change log here for this version and 0.826? I have been putting off playing until I read it and I really want to know what changed. The move over happened before I got a chance to read it.

That shouldn't be needed now. The wiki should have all of the text at this point. If not, try appending ?action=purge to the page URL.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 04:16:11 pm »
Was looking the 0.841 patch notes and zomg I am excited for the new city districts.

I hit 80 buildings in my city and am kind of at a loss as to what to do next.  I don't really want to pick a fight with anyone at this point. I could go after resources but most of the ones nearby require techs I don't have. 

But, next patch I'll just use teleporters to set up a new district in the nice empty area to my southwest, and that'll let me build a bunch more buildings without crime going through the roof. 

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »
personally at the moment I'm waiting for the next patch to come before I start smacking my head against the wall again(disclaimer that was a joke) at the moment I'm unhealthily obsessed with a game called door kicker.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk