Author Topic: racial leader art.  (Read 2004 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
racial leader art.
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »
I was just looking at the leader art for the different races in the imaging files and I have to say I really love the art work especially the zeluith and spire art work  such interesting designs.(could someone whose more clued up on the spires lore fill me in they look really interesting but I know bugger all about them)
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: racial leader art.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
What specifically are you curious about?

Physically, they're rocks. Rocks who want to make it BIG. They engineer on massive scales, they're loquacious and dramatic, their technology is probably the most advanced in the game, and their proud in both senses of the word. Them not being playable means that they're even more alien in their objectives and culture than the Zenith or Evucks.

They're really important to AI War, and most of the history we have about them relates to that game. Means it's probably not relevant to SBR, except what that history says about them as a race. I can post what I know, the relevant content is in Fallen Spire, Ancient Shadows Nebulae, and the Exodian Blade (though I haven't finished the nebula orz)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:26:19 pm by Watashiwa »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
They are a mineral-based lifeform that appears similiar to the Zenith in the way that both races act as ships and people at the same time.
However the Spire are not so broken down loke the Zenith. Zenith were once a huge and proud race that had impressive technology. They used theior technology to enhance themself, crating the massive golems and other useful stuff. At some point in their background however they lost much of their power, going almost extinguished. we don't know how this happened but the Zenith aren't a big race more because of this.
The Spire on the other side are much much younger (But I guess everything is younger as the Zenith) and they use minerals to build themself or grow bigger, I don't know for sure. Thay have a shiny appearance, probably from the minerals they devour (or whatever they do with it).
Spire were on the highlight of their civlization, massive, strong and illuminating. Then came the AI that caught them by surprise, wiped most of them from the galaxy and the last Spire could only escape through the use of subspace technology (they hid direct under the nose of the AI).
In AI War the player can build special survey ships (if enabeld) and help the Spire to get back to their glorious days and in return they stomp the AI for you. They are a very strong race once things came in motion.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:32:43 pm by TheVampire100 »

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 11:26:09 pm »
I'd suggest putting most of that in a spoiler tag, not everyone's finished Fallen Spire who plans to.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 11:32:55 pm »
Done.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »
Spoiler for Sadditional spire spoiler:
Also theres a whole bunch of them straight up at war with the AI in the andromeda galaxy, thats where the endgame smash-everything superdreadnaughts come from.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:01 pm »
Well... there's a bit more to it than that. For all that they're optional, the Spire are almost the secondary protagonists of AI War.

Spoiler for Hiden:
AI War's big premise is that humans can sneak up on and defeat the AI because the AI is distracted. The distraction is a war of extermination on the Spire. The AI's core is an old proto-Spire, the Exile, that was kicked out of the empire eternities ago, and held a grudge. It was discovered by a pair of scientists who studied it, though the Exile didn't reveal its sentience. One of the scientists got stupid and repurposed it into the AI Core, at which point it hijacked the entirety of the human automated forces and devastated the galaxy before leaving to deal with the Spire.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »
thanks for all the lore info that's all pretty interesting hopefully when this game is fully realised therll be lore for nerds like me in it.  :D
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »
Keep in mind that SBR is a distant indirect sequel. The Spire you see might be from a splinter faction, or be older than the AI War Spire thanks to relativistic travel. Hard to say what they'll know or how they'll act, especially since humans aren't around.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »
still though that lore I remember Chris mentioning some were that you'll be able to get lore info of the yali (I'm probably spelling that wrong) and also find it in game.
c.r

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 08:33:06 am »
Well... there's a bit more to it than that. For all that they're optional, the Spire are almost the secondary protagonists of AI War.

Spoiler for Hiden:
AI War's big premise is that humans can sneak up on and defeat the AI because the AI is distracted. The distraction is a war of extermination on the Spire. The AI's core is an old proto-Spire, the Exile, that was kicked out of the empire eternities ago, and held a grudge. It was discovered by a pair of scientists who studied it, though the Exile didn't reveal its sentience. One of the scientists got stupid and repurposed it into the AI Core, at which point it hijacked the entirety of the human automated forces and devastated the galaxy before leaving to deal with the Spire.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought the Exodian Blade / Exile was an old Zenith being...
I need to read/play the Exile campaign again. Where did you find it, in the Exodian Blade's journal entries?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 09:02:58 am »
If thats the default spoiler tag word, its missing a d.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought the Exodian Blade / Exile was an old Zenith being...
I need to read/play the Exile campaign again. Where did you find it, in the Exodian Blade's journal entries?
Yeah, the last one.
Spoiler for Hiden:
He claims his people became the Spire. I don't think that the Zenith became the Spire, unless I really missed something.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »
I picked up my Exodian Blade savefile to poke through the text, and what I found is way more interesting than I assumed.

Spoiler for Text from Exodian Blade revealed:
My brother sent the message you saw and was gone beyond my sight.

What happened when he met the servants of my people, long since become their own people whom you call the Spire, I do not know.

Spoiler for conclusions:
The Blade is NOT a Spire. It MAY be a Zenith, which would suggest that the Spire are the descendants of those Zenith parasites Chris mentioned. It might allude to a fourth ancient race, which reminds me that I really should finish Ancient Shadows already.

Also the Blade looks nothing like Spire vessels, which should have been my hint. It does have some resemblance to the Widow Golem, in particular.

Spoiler for edited in spoiler:
In Ancient Shadows the Shattered Pillar Zenith speak to you in singsong at every occasion. The Blade mentions that the AI is his brother "but the song is wrong". They're both Zenith, which means that the Spire evolved from Zenith servant entities.

Incidentally, the Shadows are a Spire offshoot. Still three aliens.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:13:38 am by Watashiwa »

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »
Awesome. Would you post these on the Lore namespace in the wiki?

While I'm thinking about it, we should put a clear distinction between spoilers and non-spoilers in that namespace...

EDIT: oops, I thought we were on the AI War forum since too many posts... Sorry! :-[
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.