Author Topic: Has anybody seen an incident announcement lately?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Has anybody seen an incident announcement lately?
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:41:41 pm »
I just started a fresh game in .822 and the new button at the bottom reports two incidents involving me.
None of them has been announced using the usual glowing "incoming" message.

Did anybody else see this?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I did get one now.
Is it possible that notifications are only given in case:
a) There is a warning in the first place?
b) An incident does not affect you in the first place?
c) The incident is not a Subjugation Attempt?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:48:01 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Has anybody seen an incident announcement lately?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:48:11 pm »
Whoops!

* Previously it was possible for players to find themselves in an international incident because their leader decided of his/her own accord to join it after it started!  So this would lead to no warning of the incident coming, as well as involving the player in a ton of incidents they probably did not want to be a part of.

Thanks. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »
Whoops!

* Previously it was possible for players to find themselves in an international incident because their leader decided of his/her own accord to join it after it started!  So this would lead to no warning of the incident coming, as well as involving the player in a ton of incidents they probably did not want to be a part of.

Thanks. :)
wait so were not playing as the leader after were possessing and using him to our own ends? (mind blown)
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 03:16:31 pm »
This can mean only one thing.

I am a god!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:36:11 pm »
Well you are supposed to be the leader, but in this instance I forgot to suppress his AI. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:45:18 pm »
wait does that mean the leaders are all robots?! or does it mean that they have an ai implanted in to their brain which is secretly controlling them?! sorry if I'm ruining any plot twists you may have in store Chris but this is clearly the most logical reasoning here.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »
I'm just talking about game code, not story at all.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:08 pm »
I was joking I wasn't being serious in any way looks like I need to start taking notes ptarth and put down disclaimers when I'm joking about something.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »
Ha, sorry.  ;D :P

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 05:10:34 pm »
I was joking I wasn't being serious in any way looks like I need to start taking notes ptarth and put down disclaimers when I'm joking about something.

Tell me about it. I feel for Chris, especially combined with the stress he is under. He is forced to be PR and CEO and so has to be super nice people even if they are ungrateful, whiny, know-it-all obsessive compulsive malcontents AND he has to take them extremely literally and seriously. However, that guy can't take joke even when it is labelled with a disclaimer.

I'm eternally tempted to start posting knock-knock jokes in his super serious post here for critical important issues only thread. However, that would be unprofessional.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
You'd be surprised that in regular life I'm quite a jokester.  Less so when under a lot of stress, but mainly it's the medium and the circumstances that have me in this particular spot right now.  I love joking around with folks, but right now I tend to take everything super seriously because I'm just not yet to that point of confidence in the game where I go "yeah, this is it, it's all polish and people who don't like it probably just aren't meant for this particular thing."  Not that in the latter case I don't try to be accommodating anyhow, but that baseline confidence takes a while to grow.

If it weren't for the pressure of actually getting this game out in a reasonable timeframe, I'd be okay.  As it is I'm a little nuts. ;)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:16:03 pm »

Tell me about it. I feel for Chris, especially combined with the stress he is under. He is forced to be PR and CEO and so has to be super nice people even if they are ungrateful, whiny, know-it-all obsessive compulsive malcontents AND he has to take them extremely literally and seriously. However, that guy can't take joke even when it is labelled with a disclaimer.

I'm eternally tempted to start posting knock-knock jokes in his super serious post here for critical important issues only thread. However, that would be unprofessional.
I'm starting to see that now clearly Chris needs a visual aid chip implanted into his brain to help him differentiate people joking from them being literal.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »
;)

Offline jerith

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 05:46:04 am »
[...] ungrateful, whiny, know-it-all obsessive compulsive malcontents [...]
We're not that bad. (Except for that jerith guy, he's that bad.)

I'm starting to see that now clearly Chris needs a visual aid chip implanted into his brain to help him differentiate people joking from them being literal.
He had one, but it malfunctioned. Now he has to rely solely on his meat brain and the only job he's good for is Benevolent Dictator.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 08:14:14 am »
*saliva drips from Chris's slack mouth as his glazed eyes scan the screen uncomprehendingly*