Author Topic: Developers requesting feedback: health of gods.  (Read 4186 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Developers requesting feedback: health of gods.
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:44 am »
To me, these seem an order of magnitude too low.  Mythologicals can one-shot them.  I'm thinking that the gods should have on the order of 10x more health than they do now.  Taking down a god was always meant to be something that cost you a ton in terms of men and mythologicals.  10x more health might actually be too low of an increase.

What are the thoughts here, now that you can finally attack gods properly again? ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Developers requesting feedback: health of gods.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:44:29 am »
I'd say more like 15 or 20.

Though, it's really hard to say with this one.   It seems rare that combat VS gods is particularly necessary.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:45:27 am »
Right.  Though it gives you 5k points, and as part of that should seem suitably epic.  And if we start getting into bandit gods... well, all bets are off, heh.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:24 am »
Bandit gods? No fair!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:38 am »
It's something that has been requested, actually -- a couple of times.

I think it would be interesting as a new mechanic that shows up sometimes in the third age, basically like the catastrophic woes in the second age.  Something new that twists everything at the start of the third age, and you decide how to deal with it.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:33 am »
That bandit god thing sounds like a pretty great idea, actually.    It sounds sorta like a major boss battle, of sorts, which is a pretty cool idea here.   Seems an appropriate challenge for the third age!

I'd go for that one being added, definitely.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:16:32 am »
That bandit god thing sounds like a pretty great idea, actually.    It sounds sorta like a major boss battle, of sorts, which is a pretty cool idea here.   Seems an appropriate challenge for the third age!

I'd go for that one being added, definitely.

Definitely sounds like it would be fun, especially if it's a bit randomized. You'd get players saying "please, don't spawn Horlock the Leperous (spawns)...... nooooooo!" Maybe god seems a bit grand for a bandit, though. How about just a demi-god. Or Bandit King.

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:05:37 pm »
Yep I'd be pretty excited for Bandit gods as well (maybe excited is the wrong word, terrified?, concerned?)  :)

But it definitely would add additional chaos to the mix...and chaos = fun to me  :D

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:14 pm »
Bandit Gods sound interesting.  :)  I like this idea.

-Teal

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »
Enemy gods are interesting. I wondered about having them come in the third age.and.their strength be part of the "reactive" forces to discourage cheese.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline lyntarbsvid

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »
If their health is increased (which is probably good), you might want to increase their attack as well. Fight between gods are bit on slow side with the current health pools already. And it felt bad watching Skaddi spend half of an age clawing her way through couple of cerberuses just to get to her skis. Gods being able to take each others down with couple of hits also makes 'fury of the gods' woe really interesting. I actually had that particular woe active when age of gods began in my last game and Tyr and Athene decided to spawn next to each other. Well, the Greek got to play that game to the end without a major god.

Bandit gods might move the focus away from red versus blue too much?

Offline iozay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 05:11:13 pm »
Mhmmm, perhaps a random idea, but it might be fun to give them a chance to resurrect at a random location ^^ Even if they got out-played, they are still gods and gods should be near-impossible to kill :P Plus, it would bring some chaos :p

Offline Winge

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »
Mhmmm, perhaps a random idea, but it might be fun to give them a chance to resurrect at a random location ^^ Even if they got out-played, they are still gods and gods should be near-impossible to kill :P Plus, it would bring some chaos :p

Or maybe make it more like a boss fight--when they drop below a certain HP point for the first time,  make them teleport to another random square, or act as though affected by Wrath of the Gods.  As far as making them tough, that could be done with a high HP value or a high auto-heal value (but not both).
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline sarudak

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 01:07:50 am »
Yeah. Gods need to be way tougher. I had poseidon one shot thor when he was off on his crazy chariot run. I should notice more the passing of a god. :)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:49 am »
To me, these seem an order of magnitude too low.  Mythologicals can one-shot them.  I'm thinking that the gods should have on the order of 10x more health than they do now.  Taking down a god was always meant to be something that cost you a ton in terms of men and mythologicals.  10x more health might actually be too low of an increase.

What are the thoughts here, now that you can finally attack gods properly again? ;)
I'm fine with this.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk