Author Topic: Shattered Haven Beta Begins Now!  (Read 13249 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Shattered Haven Beta Begins Now!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »
I'd be diving into this beta straightaway if any money existed in my own little school-type bank account. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the game looks so fun

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »
I get the occasional flickering in the Maze level as well (was going to open a defect on it, but wasn't sure if it was a big enough issue).  To me, it only seems to happen occasionally when I'm hitting the switches and/or running into the walls trying to find my way around.  Again, it wasn't really an issue to me, just the occasional flicker on the screen.  But interesting that other folks have seen it as well.

Otherwise have been having a blast with it...game is fantastic..definitely worth the purchase price for those who are still on the fence about it.

*EDIT* So just went through the switch maze again, and it does flicker...and it seems to be flickering regardless of what I'm doing at the time (IE it's not in the same place each time, sometimes happens when I'm walking, sometimes when I hit the wall, etc.)

Steady 60-61 FPS...never dips, and when it flickers I still see 60-61FPS...

Again, it wasn't enough to distract me, but it's definitely there...for the record I haven't seen it anywhere else. 

Reported in Mantis, just for tracking purposes.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:31:57 pm by Greywolf22 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 02:11:04 pm »
How is inventory on death supposed to work?

Finished the tutorial bit with the kids and got control of the parents. Rather then just running away I hopped across the water to pick the tools up (scythe, caltrops, pitch fork) and then went to the overworld.

I then made it to the farm with those tools and picked the axe up in the farm level.

I then died. :(

On restarting the level without going to the overworld, I still had the axe in my inventory, but I had lost the 3 tools I'd picked up back at the house where I got control of the parents.

Something seems odd there.  I would expect inventory to reset to what I had upon entering the level or to lose everything, not loose what I had upon entering the level but keep what I picked up in the level before dying.

Otherwise, I'm having fun so far.  :)

D.

edit: This is on 8.002

Offline Telasro

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »
Getting an error "couldn't connect to host", which appears to be preventing me from getting updates. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling, which didn't help. Any suggestions?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 09:06:07 pm »
Getting an error "couldn't connect to host", which appears to be preventing me from getting updates. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling, which didn't help. Any suggestions?

If you're getting that error, then it means that the game can't connect to Amazon.  Really the only cause for that is if you don't have an active internet connection or if you have a firewall of some sort blocking access for the game.  If you simply grant access to the program in your firewall settings, then it should be all set!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 09:12:54 pm »
How is inventory on death supposed to work?

Finished the tutorial bit with the kids and got control of the parents. Rather then just running away I hopped across the water to pick the tools up (scythe, caltrops, pitch fork) and then went to the overworld.

I then made it to the farm with those tools and picked the axe up in the farm level.

I then died. :(

On restarting the level without going to the overworld, I still had the axe in my inventory, but I had lost the 3 tools I'd picked up back at the house where I got control of the parents.

Something seems odd there.  I would expect inventory to reset to what I had upon entering the level or to lose everything, not loose what I had upon entering the level but keep what I picked up in the level before dying.

Otherwise, I'm having fun so far.  :)

D.

edit: This is on 8.002

Cheers!  In terms of what you had, those were: iron tacks, bear trap, and iron sickle.  All of those are consumable weapons -- aka, when you use them they are either gone for good, or the number on them counts down until they reach zero, and then they are gone for good.

When you die in the overworld or a level that uses the overworld items, all of your consumable items are indeed intended to be lost.  However, non-consumable items like, for instance, the Axe, are retained.  If you had had the scythe (as opposed to the iron sickle), that also would have been retained.

The main problem here is that you had these things at this point in the game.  I'm putting in a fix for that in the next version, as that causes all sorts of confusion.  Thanks!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

Offline Winge

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »
0.804 now out!  http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Shattered_Haven_-_Beta_Release_Notes#Beta_.804

Glad I got my illicit weapons through The Farm level already...that way, I can find new and interesting ways to get stuck :P
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »
I was disappointed when I read that the weapons you can snatch from in front of the Forsaken Home were being removed.  Then I played The Farm, and it's a much more interesting level now without those items.  Good call!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 07:46:29 am »
I had no idea the weapons were possible to get before, so that was something that was a surprise to me!

Offline SashaNein

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:22 am »
I bought the beta early yesterday and still haven't received an e-mail with information on how to download/register it.  Am I missing something obvious?  I can send you a PM with a link to my invoice details if you need it.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:06 am »
I bought the beta early yesterday and still haven't received an e-mail with information on how to download/register it.  Am I missing something obvious?  I can send you a PM with a link to my invoice details if you need it.

First, check your spam folder, just in case. If it's not there, send me a PM with your real name and the e-mail address you used, and I'll look into it for you.

Sorry about this.

Offline SashaNein

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:40 am »

First, check your spam folder, just in case. If it's not there, send me a PM with your real name and the e-mail address you used, and I'll look into it for you.

Sorry about this.

Thanks for the quick response.  I've sent you a PM.

Offline Pattoe

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 11:05:28 am »
Grats on the beta release!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk