Author Topic: Shattered Haven Beta 0.806 "Now I Know Where I Put Those Keys" Released!  (Read 2174 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/03/shattered-haven-beta-0806-now-i-know.html

This one includes a ton of inventory improvements, makes the follower NPC invulnerable, and improves several levels as well as making the "sliding around objects" logic work better.  More to come soon.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, hit the big "Play" button and then you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
I'm loving the new inventory!  Small problem, though.  I started a level (Rainy Industrial Site), and I am unable to pick anything up.  Nothing at all.  I get the "error" sound effect, so I know I'm pressing the right key.  It just won't let me get anything.

Also, the new music is awesome!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:27:05 am by mrhanman »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Just some quick first glance impressions:

1)
The slide around corners logic is *much* better now. Thanks a lot!
Looking forward to playing some more (now that NPC player is invulnerable), but this will have to wait until this evening =  /...

2)
The new inventory looks awesome as well. Being able to build some muscle memory is a definite improvement (and I really appreciate the Zelda throwback here - makes the game feel even more "right").

Looking forward to what comes next. This game is going to be such a hit = )...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline pedrokof

hello, I feel the same there is a moment that you can not pick up anything despite giving the key

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Hi,

Those who are getting the error sound effects -- can you upload a savegame so that I can see it? Either this is level specific or savegame specific, and I suspect the latter.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Sure.  Here ya go.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Hmm, okay, I've been through the level and the savegame, and I can't duplicate the issue.  If you reload the savegame that you sent me, does it give you the problem?  Possibly this was a one-time upgrade issue or something.  If not, maybe check your bindings to make sure it's not double-bound or something.  If THAT doesn't work... hmm, that will be more tricky.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
I'll try to test around lunch.  I know that in the overworld, I was able to pick things up.  It wasn't until my inventory was reset by entering the level that I had this problem.  The key bindings haven't been touched in several revisions, but that was the first thing I looked at.  I checked both keyboard and gamepad.  I even disconnected my controller, and rebound the keyboard keys to no avail.  I'm pretty sure I restarted the game at least once during the testing.  Hopefully, this is just some fluke related to my setup.  It wouldn't be the first time I reported a bug that was my own doing (Xpadder wasn't running this time, I swear!).  :-[

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
YES!  That was the key, going from the overworld to the level.  I can now duplicate the issue, which makes me very happy because that means I can fix it.  Thanks! :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Woohoo! I'm not crazy!

I was about to post that I tested it again, and it seemed to work.  I didn't exit and re-enter the level, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk