Author Topic: Shattered Haven 1.004 "Gunfight With An Eyeball Snake" Released!  (Read 2202 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Original: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/03/shattered-haven-1004-gunfight-with.html

This one includes a new boss fight that involves... well, eyeball snakes and guns, as I suppose you could guess.  This is actually the boss level that you can watch me design in the level editor in our recent Let's Play videos.  There are also a number of fixes and tweaks included in this update, of course.

Shattered Haven is something that people who are playing it really seem to love, but we're really having trouble getting the word out.  If you play it and love it, please spread the word!  We can use all the help we can get.  A huge thanks to all of you who have already done so.

Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the  in-game updater itself, if you already have any version of the game.  When you  launch the game, hit the big "Play" button and then you'll see the notice of the update having been found if you're connected to the Internet at the time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Shattered Haven 1.004 "Gunfight With An Eyeball Snake" Released!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »
I really liked the level editor tutorial.  Many things were clarified for me.  It's especially cool that the level you made actually went into the game!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »
Thanks!  I thought that would be really helpful. :)  And yeah, I was just making it up as I went there, but it was a level that I was already planning to make for the game.  I knew the rough setting and the fact that it would have eyeball snakes and pits, but nothing beyond that until I started making it in the video.  I enjoyed making that one. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »
Ooh, this is a useful video I think, I was wondering if there was going to be a vid of this sort for this.

The depth of the editor and such really does showcase just how deep and complex the game really is, I think, and shows the replay value that can be had here.

That brings up another question, do you guys intend on doing stuff like add-on level packs or such with this one?   This is exactly the sort of game that would work very well with that idea.   Or even something like a "best levels by the community" kind of thing.

Also, the snake things are neat, I like those.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:00 am »

That brings up another question, do you guys intend on doing stuff like add-on level packs or such with this one?   This is exactly the sort of game that would work very well with that idea.   Or even something like a "best levels by the community" kind of thing.

Potentially, but, to be perfectly honest, the game is going to have to start selling better before we spend too much time on it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:01:23 am »
An expansion is something that we're strongly considering either way, though, because we think the game really does have legs once more people learn about it.  And in terms of "best of community map picks," that's definitely something we would be willing to push out if there is a player curatorial process to identify said levels and arrange them into an overworld.  That's the sort of thing we wish we had time to do directly, but with the current level of income the game is providing us, we have to seek more income if we want to not shed staff.  :-\

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk