Author Topic: What to do when tired and bored to death?!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
What to do when tired and bored to death?!
« on: December 19, 2012, 02:31:31 pm »
Once again.. I'm insanely tired and bored. Been the last 2 weeks. It comes, stays a while and goes away. (Stay a while and bore me?). I do have time, games to play on Steam, videos to watch on YouTube and music to listen to on iTunes (goa, forest and dark psy, ambient, chillout and some techno and trance). And if you didn't know already.. I hate reading. I'd rather eff a grater. I have never finished a book. Yes you read/heard right I have never read a book entirely. Ok I think I made it sound worse than it really is. I'm quite a patient person and I'll read if I have to.. but not a book.

I've listened to everything on iTunes like hundred times. I've listened to many of them so many times I remember almost every single beat and sound (I'm looking at you Goasia ("Dancing With The Blue Spirit" and "From Other Spaces" albums (listening to Black Kahva as I'm writing this))). I can't seem to find new music I really like. I (almost) only listen to music without singing. Singing almost always ruins the music. Often the singing sounds out of place and thus makes the whole track just a bunch of noise. Sometimes it sounds like the person is trying to sing. And if the singing is good the music is just uninteresting. I'm picky when it comes to music.

I have quite lot of subscriptions on YouTube. I mainly watch ForceSC2Strategy, Kripparrian, ZoominGames, haijiq, shironekoshiro, MediocreFilms, AngryJoeShow, TotalBiscuit, JPLnews, SpaceRip, JustForLaughsTV. Sometimes it seems like there aren't enough videos to watch and some times I'm "too" "tired" or "bored" to watch them.

On Steam there are games I've played hundreds of hours (#1. AI War: 1406 hours, #2. Global Agenda (this game is "dead" now) 1244 hours, #3. Team Fortress 826 hours) and some I've not played at all (Witcher 2 and Skyrim). I know for a fact that Witcher 2 and Skyrim are good games and I LIKE THEM. I've tested them but not really played. Yet I've not been able to get the thumb out of my ass to play them. It's feels hard start learning new challenging or massive games. It's too energy consuming. I bought Natural Selection 2 a while after it's release and I've already played it 164 hours. But it was an easy game to get into. I've got 100% enough of TF2 so aint gonna play that anymore. Still haven't got 100% enough of AI War though but it's a hard and challenging requires energy to play. I often start a game but don't finish it.. 10 diff of course. Mostly because of something simple and stupid.. like AIs' Special Forces massing low cap ships. I recently started a new game and it's going very well. I disabled Ancient Shadows and Light of the Spire to minimize the amount of low cap ships. I also disabled Hybrids for the first time in forever. I have an Advanced Factory and planets in good spots. If I have the energy I will most likely win this game. 10/10 is still possible to win. I will probably return to Dungeons of Dredmor, Terraria and FTL at some point.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:39:48 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Gemzo

Re: What to do when tired and bored to death?!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »
When I don't know what I want to do for entertainment, I try to get my friends to choose for me.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »
Too I don't have that option. My computer can't choose for me.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »
You know, this gave me an idea.
Take your steam games list, only the installed ones, and put that number plus anything else you could do (Watch movies, DVDs of TV, whatever) as the minimum and maximum of a random number generator. Then, just generate a number. You must do that thing. That's the law.

It sounds like I'm trying to turn real life into a challenge run.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:50 am »
That's actually a good idea!
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk