Author Topic: List of upcoming space sims  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
List of upcoming space sims
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:13:49 pm »
http://imgur.com/gallery/Sibt0

Which one are you guys most excited about?

Don't forget about Eve: Valkryie!
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: List of upcoming space sims
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »
I got pressured into Star Citizen, so who knows.  Said friends are already laughing their asses off with it.

No Man's Sky presses all of my buttons, but at the same time I sit back and go "it's a crafting survival/crafting game and I own a god damn space ship.  I'm confused.  These two things, they do not go together."

EVERSPACE seems more like something I'd enjoy, except I'm shit at navigating with 6DOF. Might get it on (heavily discount) sale.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »
None of them really. The only one which tickles my fancy is not even in alpha yet, and I have just out of habit made it a point to only really invest time into investigating once a game is de facto released (except for arcen's "beta"). Beta's I am skeptical of, and alphas I just disregard entirely.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:43:33 pm »
Definitely No Man's Sky.   That one looks like something I'd get endless hours out of.  It just needs to release sometime this millennium.  Been eagerly awaiting this one for a long time.   But I'm going to resist pre-ordering.  Last couple of times I did that, it didn't end well (particularly the newest Anno, which is awful).

Star Citizen is a big, big no.  Particularly after seeing what they're doing with their pricing on things you can already buy.  It's ridiculous.  And the development crawls at a snail's pace, and apparently there's a lot of internal problems... I've honestly heard nothing but bad stuff about this one. 

Everspace, now that sure sounds interesting.  That's another "my sort of thing" game.  I'd never heard of it before!  I think I'll be watching that for the playable alpha to begin.  Looks like fun.

Infinity doesn't really grab me at all.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:50:45 pm »
Definitely No Man's Sky.   That one looks like something I'd get endless hours out of.  It just needs to release sometime this millennium.  Been eagerly awaiting this one for a long time.   But I'm going to resist pre-ordering.  Last couple of times I did that, it didn't end well (particularly the newest Anno, which is awful).

Star Citizen is a big, big no.  Particularly after seeing what they're doing with their pricing on things you can already buy.  It's ridiculous.  And the development crawls at a snail's pace, and apparently there's a lot of internal problems... I've honestly heard nothing but bad stuff about this one. 

Everspace, now that sure sounds interesting.  That's another "my sort of thing" game.  I'd never heard of it before!  I think I'll be watching that for the playable alpha to begin.  Looks like fun.

Infinity doesn't really grab me at all.
yea in till now I hadn't really heard anything good about no mans sky but now I know what its actual game play is I'm rather interested provided it bothers to have actual depth to it and just really it on being pretty.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk