Author Topic: About New Strategy Games?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
About New Strategy Games?
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:32:35 pm »
Hi,
           I've been playing a lot of 'Fate of the World' and 'Democracy 2' in between AVWW, which sounds strange maybe, but i like the flavor of the different kinds of games, one platformer and two strategy TBS games, anyway, to make a long story short, or to make a long question short:

Do you think Arcen would consider making one of these kinds of games? I realize that not every kind of game can be a type that you all like and want to make, but with Arcen so strategy conscious, i thought it might be a possibility. The graphics needs on 'Fate of the World' and 'Democracy 2' aren't really heavy. And i don't believe there is really any animation needed like you all have done for AVWW.

Anyway, I just thought i would ask, i do like AVWW alot, but really am in love with the strategy of 'FotW' and 'D2' too. So wondered if Arcen were to do a game in that genre that it really might be like having my cake and eating it too, haha.

Thanks for listening!

-T

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: About New Strategy Games?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:11:14 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Arcen did release a TBS. As far as I remember from the ol' blog of Chris's, he played a whole lot of tabletop TBSs with friends and such. And then, of course, there were some posts I recall about how they make games that they'd want to play, rather than catering to the greater marketplace. Given all of that, I'd say there's probably a TBS somewhere in the future. Who knows where.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:50:11 pm »
Thanks LaughingThesaurus, that is a nice thought, I'll keep my fingers crossed it might be sooner rather than later, :)  Take care,

-T

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:06 am »
If Arcen made a TBS, I wouldn't be able to throw money at Chris fast enough.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:44 am »
But.. Aiwar was TBS...

(seriously though, I'm pretty sure the modern strategy game is actually just starcraft. And thats barely even a strategy game. )
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:21:20 am »
But.. Aiwar was TBS...

(seriously though, I'm pretty sure the modern strategy game is actually just starcraft. And thats barely even a strategy game. )
Are you mixing up RTS and TBS?

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:31:40 am »
There was always a bit of TBS in AI War. That was one of the things I think in one of the age old blogs of Chris. One of the things about the game was TBS-friendly control so that people could play the RTS as a TBS, or vice versa.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:19:37 am »
But.. Aiwar was TBS...

Are you mixing up RTS and TBS?

Uh. Maybe?
Seriously though, aiwar was a TBS in early alpha. Chris even released a snapshot of like .7? that showed how ..I dunno, bad?It was.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 08:25:25 am »
AVWW2 has a turn based side. If you use the purification cheat you can skip like 90% of the platforming too :D

Of course, I know that's not really what you're referring to wanting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk