Author Topic: Worlds of Magic - a continuation to Master of Magic  (Read 5299 times)

Offline doomtrader

Worlds of Magic - a continuation to Master of Magic
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:02:36 pm »
Hello there Arcen Games fans.

I'm hoping you won't find this thread spamming.
If  you like 4X strategy games and especially Master of Magic, here comes the successor. We, the fans, have decided to create Worlds of Magic and currently launched the Kickstarter project which will help us to finish the game earlier.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/304725524/worlds-of-magic-a-new-classic-4x-fantasy-game

Thank you very much!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Worlds of Magic - a continuation to Master of Magic
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »
Kickstarter appears to not be letting me to use Amazon Payments for this so I'll have to wait a bit to pledge until I've got something else handy, but I really wish you well with this :)

It's probably my favorite PC game, and I spent a few months helping someone with an actual Master of Magic clone at one point (it was a functional client-server game and worked from the original MBX files from one's hopefully-legitimate copy, though the AI was still largely incomplete), so you could say I'm pretty familiar with it ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doomtrader

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 11:34:36 am »
Hi keith.lamothe
Thanks for the kind words.

The Kickstarter is set up in UK, this is why backers can't use the Amazon accounts :(
We are receiving a lot of info about this situation, but we are really not able to do anything with this situation.

It sounds really great what you are describing. In a long run we are planning to make a server handling the multiplayer games and allow to cross platform games.

But this is after we will rise the initial amount of money.

If you would have some tips for us, please share them on our forum or directly with us.

I'm hoping that the Amazon thing doesn't scare you before telling your friends about Worlds of Magic.

Offline doomtrader

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »
Hi, we have released short gameplay video if you would like to take a look it is here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI90P0RO_s

Offline doomtrader

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »
Hi

The Worlds of Magic is moving forward, and at the beginning of the next week we should have some new nice images of the world map.

Now just some concept and a developers video about the evolution of the battleboard.

http://youtu.be/BqojQT8M4Kw

Here you can read more about the progress and ideas:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/304725524/worlds-of-magic-a-new-classic-4x-fantasy-game/posts

I’m hoping that you will help us bringing the old good times of PC gaming back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk