Author Topic: Update on Exodus of the Machine timeframe (updated May 1st)  (Read 43881 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Folks,

Thanks for your enthusiasm about the Exodus of the Machine project, and we certainly look forward to bringing it to you this year, but there's been a delay for external reasons (it's still coming out this year, but we don't currently know when during that range).  Nothing we can really control or talk about, unfortunately.  We appreciate your understanding in all this.

But the good news is that this means we can shift our next planned AIW expansion forward and get to work on it soon :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
Re: Update on Exodus of the Machine timeframe (updated May 1st)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »
Folks,

Thanks for your enthusiasm about the Exodus of the Machine project, and we certainly look forward to bringing it to you this year, but there's been a delay for external reasons (it's still coming out this year, but we don't currently know when during that range).  Nothing we can really control or talk about, unfortunately.  We appreciate your understanding in all this.

But the good news is that this means we can shift our next planned AIW expansion forward and get to work on it soon :)

YEAH!!!
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »
How many expansions until we run out of space on the title screen, keith? :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
Depends on your screen resolution!

But yeah, we'll start scaling them down or something I guess.  This year is unusual in that we might do two AI War expansions in one year, with different foci (we haven't done that since 4.0/5.0).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:03:46 am »
I hate to hear there's a delay, but I'm glad y'all have something else to fill the gap.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:11 am »
I hate to hear there's a delay, but I'm glad y'all have something else to fill the gap.

Always. :)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »
Folks,

What an emotional rollercoaster. This is like the best good/bad news ever :D
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 04:47:14 am »
Depends on your screen resolution!

But yeah, we'll start scaling them down or something I guess.  This year is unusual in that we might do two AI War expansions in one year, with different foci (we haven't done that since 4.0/5.0).

You guys are my heroes when it comes to game development. How many years have AI war been running now? Can't remember off my head, but it still rocks, and each expansion adds so many cool new things.

Looking forward to Exodus as well :)
We are the architects of our own existence

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »
Who did the art work for AI War 6.0 and the Ancient Shadows expansion? Are you guys still going to go back to them for the new expansion? And would be cool! (at least to a newbie that doesn't know) if they could also do Exodus of the Machine. (unless of course, someone else already has it.)

Thanks for the info, hope EotM can get back on track soon!!  SC is turning out really cool! Although it is kicking me pretty heavy and regularly.  :)

-Teal

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »
AI War 6.0 and Ancient Shadows were largely done by Eldon Harris (in terms of raw components), and then assembled into actual ships by myself.  We're doing much the same for the next AI War expansion, although this time Blue on our staff is doing the assembling of the assets and then adding her own touches (she's actually a true artist, unlike me).

In terms of Exodus, it's pretty well delayed indefinitely at this point, unfortunately.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 03:58:13 pm »
Thank you for the info on 6.0 and A.S. and Glad to hear about Blue, maybe you can catch a break if you aren't having to do everything?  :) (But i thought when you did the art it was fine. Of course maybe you were more tired after all of that plus the coding too.)

But sorry to hear about EotM, hope it gets back on at some point. It sounded very cool! Well, guess its back to SC for me, i haven't been kicked for the last 20 minutes, i'm starting to miss it. :)

-Teal

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:59:54 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline Panopticon

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »
AI War 6.0 and Ancient Shadows were largely done by Eldon Harris (in terms of raw components), and then assembled into actual ships by myself.  We're doing much the same for the next AI War expansion, although this time Blue on our staff is doing the assembling of the assets and then adding her own touches (she's actually a true artist, unlike me).

In terms of Exodus, it's pretty well delayed indefinitely at this point, unfortunately.

Nooooooooooo /vader

I really hope you guys can go back to work on this at some point. I was super excited about this game for a lot of reasons.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »
I really hope you guys can go back to work on this at some point. I was super excited about this game for a lot of reasons.
We hope to be able to do it at some point too.  But for a number of reasons we decided that the product we could actually deliver (specifically in regards to its production values, given the resources available to us right now) would not find an adequate target audience. 

Skyward Collapse, on the other hand, has found a more-than-adequate target audience :)  It's our first product since AIW to hit an audience in a way that resoundingly (rather than marginally) justified the work necessary to bring it to market, in fact.  So pursuing more full-on strategy-like games is what we're inclining towards more now.  What we'll finally wind up doing is still a "we'll see" thing, though :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Panopticon

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »
Yeah, congratulations on Skyward Collapse, it's a really well realized game and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Seems like it's getting a good reception too. I certainly hope so, you guys truly deserve to have another breakthrough game.

Offline brianc

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 12:41:08 am »
Just want to throw my support in to the ring as well; if Exodus ever sees the light of day I'll be there day one.  Also wanted to add that the tentative release schedule still has Exodus listed as June 2013 and some fans like me might be awfully disappointed if that stays up there when June rolls around had they not seen this thread  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk