Author Topic: Some fairly quick first impressions  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
Some fairly quick first impressions
« on: September 14, 2013, 03:05:31 am »
So just a few quick first impressions.  A lot of which has already been said, but thought I'd point them out anyway.

First of all, I really like the opening music, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I thought the music and vocals really went well with
the intro.

Was very impressed with the intro being "read" to me.  It seems like such a minor detail, but really made a lasting impression on
me.  I think it's seemingly minor touches like this that really add a level of polish to the game overall.  So kudos to that

I think the game graphically is really well done.  The effects as well as the various types of robots are fantastic

A couple of very minor points, and this may just be me personally so take it for what it's worth

1)Panning the camera by holding down the middle mouse button. 

Initially I thought the only way to pan the camera was to either mouse to the sides or use the arrow keys.  Chris pointed out
   that I could accomplish the same thing by holding down the middle mouse button.  It really works well, and it's possible that
   I just missed it in the key binding screen.  If it's not documented somewhere I think it might be a good idea...it just gives folks
   a way of "grabbing" the screen to pan it around, versus going to the sides or using the arrow keys.

2)Damage done/taken

Again something minor and maybe this is simply personal preference.  I know up in the right hand corner there is a log that
    keeps track of things such as damage done/taken as well as credits received etc.  For me, I tend to not look at the log as
    often as I probably should.  I wonder if having the damage appear on the screen above the exo's might not be a bit better
    similar to how items from the cache storage bins (can't think of the "official" name of them right now) show up when you
    get the loot. 

3)A bit quiet while exploring

This is probably something that will be addressed once the music is complete and integrated into the game itself.  Absolutely
    think the voices when the bots are destroyed are fantastic, and I imagine that there will be some background music playing
    as well.  So just wanted to make mention of it.

Overall, minus a few personal preference things, I think it's great and am really enjoying it.

*EDIT* Was thinking a bit about the bot voices and the phrases that are said.  Not sure how difficult it is to add/create new ones, but think it might be kinda cool to have some sort of contest where folks could come up with some additional responses that the bots could say and add that into the game.  Just a thought  :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:13:02 am by Greywolf22 »

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Some fairly quick first impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:44 am »
1) Tbh I would prefer panning on RMB but thats me.
2) There is an option in menu that enables damage numbers. It's in extras as Show battle popups.

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
Re: Some fairly quick first impressions
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:32:21 am »
Thanks Orzelek for the info, I didn't even think to look for it there  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk