Author Topic: chemical's first impressions  (Read 1613 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
chemical's first impressions
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:51:58 am »
Pretty good actually for a first time! I was able to jump right in to play. Certainly a lot cleaner then say AVWW 2's alpha

Raw format:

why exactly can't I select all yellow missions at start?

hotkey to automatically scan using exo of highest sensor (2 turns)

click and drag mouse to pan

why do i want ninja when I can one shot things early game or assualt handles stealth great (needs more early game niche or remove from base build). Ninjas way too frail. Perhaps a one-turn window of sharp damage reduction out of cloak?

I also crave a "hook" that has that "just one more turn" feeling that turn based games need.   Probably the biggest problem I'll see down the road.

Idea:  Every day there a random event occurs which influences the next mission. For example, a certain type of bot in the next mission becomes more prevalent. Or certain loot does.

Ow!!! The mission with explosives is a difficulty hike. Really, really easy to get one shotted.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Winge

Re: chemical's first impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:57:31 am »
The Ninja can fire while cloaked without revealing itself.  Because of its Propulsion bonus, it can easily get an amazing amount of cloak time, allowing it to take out nearly anything without being attacked.  Believe me, the Ninja is actually very valuable, especially later in the game when you need to take out or Virus a strong enemy.  I'm not sure if its better than the Sniper (which has its own benefits), but I would take it over the Brawler.

I love explosives.  Except for/especially when I miss an explosive rune when firing a Plama Cannon.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:19:44 am »
All of the Exos can fire without losing cloak, actually.   

I mainly used the ninja for the fact that it tended to have LOTS of cloak time, allowing it to get up close and use that excellent Welding Laser (or viruses), yet it also had ranged weapons as well that were pretty good. I also had it be my trap-avoidance guy and mine-layer.   Pretty useful Exo type actually.   Gets better with the Bahamut upgrade.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

If this is true, I see little reason to use the ninja when I have the assault exo. It does a little less stealth, but only a little, and it is durable enough to survive the decloak unlike the ninja.

Still a fan of the ninja having a passive sharp damage reduction for the first turn after decloak, so it can strike then retreat greatly before recloak.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Winge

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »

I mainly used the ninja for the fact that it tended to have LOTS of cloak time, allowing it to get up close and use that excellent Welding Laser (or viruses), yet it also had ranged weapons as well that were pretty good. I also had it be my trap-avoidance guy and mine-layer.   Pretty useful Exo type actually.   Gets better with the Bahamut upgrade.

Derp, didn't mean to indicate that only the Ninja could fire when cloaked.  Thanks for clarifying for me.

As far as the Ninja's usefulness, it gets a lot more cloak than the Assault and can dish out a lot more damage, although the Epic Assault and Epic Ninja are a bit more even in terms of firepower.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »
The Ninja's stealth time may not greatly exceed the Assault's early on, but that +50% bonus will really add up when you start stacking up the stealth.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk