Author Topic: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store  (Read 24942 times)

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »
Originally posted: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2013/10/bionic-dues-now-available-on-steam.html

Bionic Dues Launches for PC, Mac and Linux
25% off sale to celebrate launch week

Arcen Games is ecstatic to announce Bionic Dues -- our mech-enriched roguelite -- has launched on Steam and the Arcen Store for $9.99. To celebrate the release, the game carries a 25% discount during its first week on sale.

Robot rebellions should be quelled by the best of the best. When the best of the best are killed... it's up to you. Subdue the uprising in time, or your corporate overlords nuke the city.

Bionic Dues is a tactical, turn-based roguelite with mech customization. Guide multiple classes of Exos through a variety of missions filled with enemy robots that are as buggy as they are angry. This is at least as bad as it sounds. Explore for loot, destroy key robotic facilities, and brace yourself for the final attack by your enemies... just as soon as they can pull it together.

“Top game moment: Realising a momentary oversight has condemned you to almost certain doom, but then, with only a perfect set of well-thought long-contemplated moves, you pull everything out the bag, blow the rig, and get the hell out of dodge to receive a hard-earned mission successful.”8.5/10 – Richard Nolan, Strategy Informer

“Bionic Dues delivers tough decisions, sweeping tactics and enormous mech battles; packing massive replayability and unpredictability into its budget price point. A 'Rogue-lite' to remember and to savour through numerous scorched-earth defeats and hard-won victories.”8/10, Editor's Choice – Jonathan Lester, Dealspwn

Bionic Dues is available now on PC, Mac, and Linux. Follow the game on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and IndieDB for post-release updates and other announcements. Review copies and launch assets available upon request.

Features
  • Out-think wide-ranging tactical situations featuring robots with bad GPS, terrible aim, insecurity, a lack of focus, a tendency to backstab, and dozens of other maladies to exploit.
  • Over 40 unique bots, ranging from the hilariously inept-but-dangerous DumBots, BlunderBots, and BatBots to the terrifyingly effective WyvernBots, DoomBots, and MurderBots.
  • Carve your own path: choose 30 to 50 missions out of the 120 you discover as you explore the city map. Which missions you choose determines how prepared you will be for the final battle against the massing robot army.
  • Missions come in 23 different general flavors, and are entirely procedurally-generated like a floor of a traditional roguelite.
  • Mix and match your squad of four from six classes of Exos: Assault, Siege, Science, Sniper, Ninja and Brawler. Each has its own build and weaponry.
  • Choose an overall pilot from a roster of six to add a powerful perk that lasts your entire campaign.
  • Customize your four Exos with procedurally-generated loot that grants weaponry and defensive upgrades, new abilities, and more.
  • Difficulty levels ranging from quite casual to incredibly hardcore.
  • Save and reload your game with ease any time, or tough it out in ironman mode.
  • Stellar soundtrack by composer Pablo Vega, headlined by the game's title theme "The Home We Once Knew."

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:02:48 pm »
Congrats on release!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »
Thank you!  We're super stoked. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »
Particularly nice job on this one. Really good game. I'll probably spend a lot of time on the steam top sellers page hoping to see this doing well. I hope it tops the Linux charts, too. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:12:56 pm »
Alright, I said I wasn't going to buy it without multiplayer but I like you guys too much so I just clicked the buy button on Steam. Maybe the coop thing will get sorted at some point down the road and I'll be able to play it. :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
Particularly nice job on this one. Really good game. I'll probably spend a lot of time on the steam top sellers page hoping to see this doing well. I hope it tops the Linux charts, too. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Fingers crossed for us, too!  Bear in mind it takes 24 hours for the top sellers charts to really be fully accurate -- they average the past 24 hours of data, so unless a game does better in (say) 2 hours than another game did in 24, it won't beat the other game out.

Alright, I said I wasn't going to buy it without multiplayer but I like you guys too much so I just clicked the buy button on Steam. Maybe the coop thing will get sorted at some point down the road and I'll be able to play it. :D

Goodness!  I honestly don't know if the multiplayer will ever be sorted, as you know; but I really appreciate your very generous patronage!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Greywolf22

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »
Fantastic game and wonderful news.

I'll be sure to let all my friends know that it's now available.

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »
The Arcen store page seems to imply that this game is Steam-only. Is that correct?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 01:23:52 pm »
Congrats! Another job well done :D!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »
Yep, it's steam only.  We have no other way at present of updating a linux title, and this was simplest all around.  It remains DRM-free, however, so you can take the files steam gives you and copy them wherever you wish.  And if steam went belly-up (magically) or locked out your account or whatever, they could not take the game files nor disable them.  It's distributed by steam, and updated by steam, but does not require steam to run and does not include any DRM (not even license keys).

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »
Quote from: x4000
Goodness!  I honestly don't know if the multiplayer will ever be sorted, as you know; but I really appreciate your very generous patronage!

This is how I see it. You and the rest of Arcen pour blood, sweat, and tears for months and years into making these games. Some of your games I like more than others (duh, don't know how it'd be possible to like everything equally :P) but the thing that is consistent is they're all interesting and something new, two things that I found were desperately lacking in the industry for years until the indie resurgence, of which I view Arcen being part of. It was honestly getting quite depressing there for a while.

So all that being said, the game is on sale for $7.50. My lunch yesterday cost less than that. Putting it into that perspective, it's the very least I can do to show my support for what you guys are doing. Even if coop doesn't ever get implemented then at least that $7.50 contributes to the next project which hopefully will.

Best of luck with the release!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 01:47:58 pm »
I really really appreciate it. :)

Offline Castruccio

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 01:52:32 pm »
Congrats guys.  I purposefully stayed away from any sort of alpha on this so as to see 1.0 with fresh eyes.  Looking forward to getting into it later this weekend.  Glad to see you sticking to your strategy roots but innovating a little bit within the strategy genre.

Offline getter77

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 01:55:31 pm »
Congrats indeed Arcen team!   8)

Once the initial rush settles a bit, do remember to get a proper page and your listing going over on RogueBasin so as to be counted among the classics and maverick projects alike as well as updates to come:

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
The Roguelike Guy...also hopefully an overall skilled developer as time rolls on.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:26 pm »
No demo?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk