Author Topic: Better WyvernBots  (Read 2104 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Better WyvernBots
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:03 am »
Just mantised an idea for a proper bug for WyvernBots, which in my book come across as a little bland with their "almost a boss" theme and not so unique cover clearing obsession. I thought they deserve something unique:

How about exploring it' dragon like nature a bit:

- If woken up by enemy fire, detection, nearby bot death etc, the Wyvernbot comes for the player - as it does now
- If there are no bots or exos within a certain radius the WyvernBot decides this is a cozy place to nest and sets up camp, either for a couple of turns or until it is woken up again.
- While nesting the WyvernBots detection/alert range is drastically reduced
- I am unsure whether it's cover destroying feat should be kept in this case. But I don't see why it shouldn't ;).

The idea is that it is possible for the player to bypass WyvernBots if she can create a sufficiently large free area around it.

Thoughts?
@Keith: Would this be feasible?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Better WyvernBots
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »
Hmm, yea, I suspect that would work.  It might be that the rule would be "if there's no active alert condition, and no alert bots within X distance, the WyvernBot is EMP'd until next turn".  And then it checks again, giving permanent EMP until that condition is no longer true.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Better WyvernBots
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:45 pm »
Hmm, yea, I suspect that would work.  It might be that the rule would be "if there's no active alert condition, and no alert bots within X distance, the WyvernBot is EMP'd until next turn".  And then it checks again, giving permanent EMP until that condition is no longer true.
Sounds good!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk