Author Topic: .914 now out.  (Read 1451 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.914 now out.
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:01:40 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.914

Restart steam to get it immediately if you like.

This one has a lot of interesting things:

- A variety of important bugfixes and balance tweaks.

- A big change to how the general balance of hard and expert play out: no longer more bots, instead they get tougher.  Easy and Casual and Normal are unchanged.

- Yet more polish on the stats and the exo customization screen display.

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: .914 now out.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »
I have no exact numbers but I think the health buff on higher difficulties that was made to compensate for lower bot counts has been too high (at least on Hard) I was only a couple of days into my game and encountered TigerBots with 2000 and BlunderBots with 800 shields. Even with my best weapon I would have to hit the Tigers something like 6 times. The BlunderBots took 4-5 shots from my mid-tier weapons (like las rifles).
I think that is too much, especially that early in the game.
Maybe reduce the buff to 2x or 3x on Hard?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: .914 now out.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »
Thanks, done!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk