Author Topic: lag with coop and bugs  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Saladien

• Newbie Mark III
lag with coop and bugs
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:45:50 am »
Hi,

we have encountered some bugs in the latest beta, first of all if you go to the lieutenant on the island there is almost every boss buged... he dies but he goes in to the minus health and he is invisible, then the game logs tells us that the walk animation wont load of the boss,  we will die because on one pc he is dead and on the other he lives...

Greetings Saladien
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:50:22 am by Saladien »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: lag with coop and bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:47:37 am »
It looks like you are both playing on an extremely outdated post-release beta version of the game (1.009).  I'd suggest updating to the latest version and that should help a lot.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Saladien

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:57:30 am »
its 1.055 actually

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »
Hmm.  There aren't any recent logs there of note, then.  Does your friend have any logs that show anything?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Saladien

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:09:42 pm »
ye here are his logs
and in the rar are my logs after closing the server after retrying for the 100 time.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »
Okay, thanks.  No smoking gun there either; we'll have to load up your world and see if we can duplicate it.

Offline Saladien

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »
thx, now i will try to go in detail, sry for my bad english by the way,  so there is this one lieutenant(the one that is still alive :D) and there was the first boss that was killing us with desync after desync because he had -2xxx or more health and sometimes he was gone at my pc and killed us because he was invisible, then sometimes when my friend came in there was a red message saying that the walk animation from the big boss jellyfish was missing(it was a visual bug so you could see that there was an animation missing), after we killed the first boss and he reappeared because he wasn't dead after hours of retrying and waiting if a new beta fixes it we tried again today(after maybe 2 weeks) and its still buged, but now we killed him with luck. the second boss was killed rather easily and the third one currently under way we had encountered the bug befor in another lieutenant tower.
i will upload an backup of the current world maybe you will see it better in this older version with the boss living.

edit: please tell me if you need aditional logs and if there is a way to enable better loging
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:24:06 pm by Saladien »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:58 pm »
Well, at the least this is fixed for 1.056 so far:

* Finally fixed a longstanding issue with giant jellyfish graphics not loading entirely properly and throwing errors when they should not have been.  This wasn't some mysterious low-RAM situation (as many of us thought), it was just a bad definition.  Which is a relief!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk