Author Topic: Generated faulty Craggy chunk  (Read 1678 times)

Offline notaspy

Generated faulty Craggy chunk
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:44 pm »
Stop me if you've heard this before...  Went to fight a lieutenant in a Craggy Highlands which didn't generate properly, now there is only one available outdoors screen in that chunk. the spawn is near the middle, the right side of the map opens onto the world map and the left side is a blank wall.  There is no lieutenant anywhere on this map.  Is there a way to rectify this, or am I stuck starting over?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Generated faulty Craggy chunk
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:03:43 pm »
I'm about to head for some sleep, but if you upload your world then Josh or Keith or I can fix it for you.

Actually, you may not even need to do that.  This may work:

1. First update to the latest version of the game. 

2. Then open up the game where you are in the bad chunk.  Hit F3.  You'll see some debug info, along with a chunkID and regionID near the bottom.  Note these down.

3. Close the game.  This is important, otherwise the next step won't work.

4. Then look inside your RuntimeData/Worlds folder and the world folder for your specific world in question.

5. Probably it's a good idea to make a copy of this folder before you proceed further, just in case.

6. Now go into the subfolder with the number matching the regionID you wrote down earlier.

7. Now look for the Chunk.datc file with the number matching the chunkID you wrote down earlier.  Delete this file.

8. Restart the game, and the chunk will be regenerated.

9. If this was a bug we already fixed (which I think it is), then it will generate correctly and you can proceed normally.  If this isn't a bug we already fixed, we'll need a copy of your world folder so that we can duplicate the bug, then fix it, then hand you the fixed one back.

Sorry for the trouble!  Hope that helps.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline notaspy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:17 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!  As you thought, it was the bug which existed for about a day, bad timing on my part really :)  Thanks for the info on how to force a new map, it worked perfectly.  Really fast reply, too!  You guys rock :)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:00:48 am »
I'm really glad that worked for you!

If you have any other issues, please let us know!

Also, welcome to the forums!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
Glad I could help, and thanks for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk