Author Topic: [Map] SexyVort's Classic Rooms  (Read 10622 times)

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
  • I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
[Map] SexyVort's Classic Rooms
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »
Well, who here has played those old NES platformers - Metroid, Mario, Xexyz - I'm going to make some rooms relevant to those games, and more.  I've got my NES here with me and in working order, and as I run through these games I think I'm going to roughly recreate any memorable or interesting rooms in the map editor.  So far I have Ridley's Lair, Kraid's Lair, (two boss rooms), the Start point in Metroid, and a hallway from metroid (that are both Door10 hallways).  Here they are - More to come probably tonight and over time, as well.  As time goes on I may even include textures and stuff that fit the old games. 
**Edit -> Screenshots to come

Kraid's Lair Overview

Ridley's Lair Overview

Metroid Start Point

Metroid Hallway

**New screenshots of a few hallways I just did, I'll upload the new bunch when I have more than just three!  (Which should still be doable tonight)

Metroid's entrance to Norfair and the room to it's right (All my maps came out mirrored :P).  Norfair is the purple area, right after you get your first missile, for anyone who remembers Metroid.

The room where you get your first Missile in Metroid, abridged because it wouldn't fit

The first vertical climb in Metroid, infested with annoying little critters to knock you off the platform

**More Norfair!**

Norfair entrance room and immediate left

Continuation of Norfair Right

Continuation of Norfair Left

**All norfair parts so far are Door10 Hallways.  Norfair pack is in 1.1**
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:31:25 pm by Sexyvortigaunt »
Check out my map thread.  It's going to be a bunch of classical maps and a few custom ones I throw in in the future.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: [Map] SexyVort's Classic Rooms
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »
Really? Seriously? Dude, those are awesome!

I'm way too tired right now to look at them in detail and check them for bugs, but, I'll absolutely be doing that early tomorrow. If they look good, I'll get them in the official builds!

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »
Really? Seriously? Dude, those are awesome!

I'm way too tired right now to look at them in detail and check them for bugs, but, I'll absolutely be doing that early tomorrow. If they look good, I'll get them in the official builds!
Sweet. :> I'll keep pumping them out .  It really helps to have my NES still, this thing is so old, but it's nice to get a view of the actual maps and then be able to represent them here.  Updates to come!
*Make sure you grab 1.1, it's got about 5 more hallways and they're a lot better than the first ones.  It took me a minute to get into my groove, but I love the way the Norfair chunks turned out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:43:51 am by Sexyvortigaunt »
Check out my map thread.  It's going to be a bunch of classical maps and a few custom ones I throw in in the future.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:51:10 am »
Amazing!

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »
Amazing!
Thanks. :> I hope you guys like'm, I'll probably make some more tonight.  I didn't get good sleep, so we'll see how they turn out.
Lemme know if you have any suggestions.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:28:37 pm »
Wow, talk about putting Metroid in the game literally!  These are awesome, bring on more of them! :D

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
Wow, talk about putting Metroid in the game literally!  These are awesome, bring on more of them! :D

King
Much obliged. :> I shall see what I can do.

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:12 pm »
Been busy lately preparing for my birthday - Should be able to add some more levels in here soon.  Any suggestions, lemme know~

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 05:30:08 pm »
These are awesome. The writing on the sides might annoy somepeople, but otherwise having metroid rooms/hallways is awesome.

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
These are awesome. The writing on the sides might annoy somepeople, but otherwise having metroid rooms/hallways is awesome.
If they decide to put them into the next build they'll be taking out that stuff.  At the time I made them I wasn't aware they would put them in an official build.  Had I known I probably wouldn't have included the writing.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 12:48:18 pm »
If they decide to put them into the next build they'll be taking out that stuff.  At the time I made them I wasn't aware they would put them in an official build.  Had I known I probably wouldn't have included the writing.

A couple are in the most recent build. I got the rest added for the next version (1.023). Sorry it took so long.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:52:19 pm by tigersfan »

Offline Sexyvortigaunt

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 02:02:43 am »

A couple are in the most recent build. I got the rest added for the next version (1.023). Sorry it took so long.
No need to apologize - It's awesome that they're in there to begin with.   I think that tomorrow I'm going to poke around making a few more rooms - I'd do it tonight but it's already 2 AM.  After all the hubbub of tomorrow is done I'm going to sit down with a certain 1987 platformer and see what I can come up with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk