Author Topic: Hats off to Arcen and the community  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
Hats off to Arcen and the community
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
Hi guys!

I've been playing catchup on a few years of missing things about AIW2 (and AIWC) in my spare time while I wait for a good Beta release of the game.  I didn't want to attempt to cojole an Alpha copy cause I basically hate Alpha testing, I do that for my own code enough as it is.

However, I wanted to mention that other than a few speed bumps that seemed to have occurred, I'm thoroughly impressed that the old community and great personalities are still here and still simply being awesome.  One thing I missed when I finally burnt out on AIWC and my personal life decided to steamroll me was the fun community we had here who could debate and tune things with passion and intelligence at the same time.  Sure, others have moved on and we have some new faces, but all in all, it feels a lot like coming back to your favorite book club.

So, I doff my hat to everyone here.  I was excited at the prospect of AIW2 in general already, but catching up on the forums is making me look forward to getting involved again.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:14:13 pm by Wanderer »
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Hats off to Arcen and the community
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »
Welcome back!  Always glad to see you, and yep it is great to see how as much as things change, some things remain the same.  I think a lot of the regular crew are doing like you and laying low until the beta.  Which frankly I'm fine with, as having fresher impressions from that point on will be really valuable.  People self-selecting when to come in at various points has always been really useful with our projects. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk