Author Topic: Expansion out - Steam Key?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
Expansion out - Steam Key?
« on: February 27, 2020, 10:21:46 am »
I noticed the expansion is now out and are just wondering whether a steam key is being sent to backers yet?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Expansion out - Steam Key?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:30:16 am »
It is there in backerkit now, and I think you should have gotten an email.  I'm still uploading the GOG keys, and will get those out also.  I may need to push a button to have it actually email you.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 10:34:32 am »
I had to push another button, looks like.  The GOG keys and Steam keys should show up in your email there now.  7100 emails sent out all at once, whoof!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 10:41:21 am »
Confirmed. I just received them. Thanks. :D

I stayed up late for it (1:39am), so I'm blaming you for the predude to a lack of sleep. ;)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 11:05:51 am »
* Draco18s sees this thread, thinks "I haven't seen that email yet"
* Draco18s checks email, "Oh, there it is."

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:13:32 am »
Just FYI, mine had been dumped straight into the spam folder by the filter despite the backer emails normally getting through fine.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »
Oof, sorry that has gotten dumped into spam for some.  And for the lack of sleep. ;)

But glad it's getting to folks, and I'll be sending the other backer emails via kickstarter-proper, which will say "check your email or backerkit" among other things.  So hopefully everyone sees that one!

Offline kmunoz

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 01:08:51 am »
I may be not seeing it, but is there some kind of indicator (badge, icon, etc.) on the game main screen that shows installed expansion(s) the way the AIWC main screen did?

I know I have it installed, but I don't, you know, KNOW I have it installed.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 02:12:49 am »
If you go to the game lobby and see "Scourge" or "Fallen Spire" in the available factions that's pretty definitive.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 01:00:58 pm »
Yep, I do need to make an indicator on the main screen, though, as you say.  I'll add that to my list.  It does print a little thing in the debug log saying what expansions are installed, but that's not enough for good, I don't think.

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 02:42:28 am »
Yep, I do need to make an indicator on the main screen, though, as you say.  I'll add that to my list.  It does print a little thing in the debug log saying what expansions are installed, but that's not enough for good, I don't think.

It would be great if you could also highlight/colour the 'Quick Starts' / Campaigns that use the expansion. That way newcomers who buy both the base game and expansion have a clear idea where to start from.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 10:27:39 am »

It would be great if you could also highlight/colour the 'Quick Starts' / Campaigns that use the expansion. That way newcomers who buy both the base game and expansion have a clear idea where to start from.

Hey, at least its better than what I got back before the expansion was announced. Somehow (probably because of Steam treating me as an member of Arcen Games) I had access to the scourge before it was really playable. I was just like "oh, thing, let me try thing."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:26:49 pm by Draco18s »

Offline Sounds

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:28 pm »

Hey, at least its better than what I got back before the expansion was announced. Somehow (probably because of Steam treating me as an member of Arcen Games) I had access to the scourge before it was really playable. I was just like "oh, thing, let me try thing."

Yeah had a similar experience when I was looking through the ExternalCode's factions directory. The only difference is I thought, I'm not playing with anything here as it might too scary. ;)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 10:33:28 am »
Yeah had a similar experience when I was looking through the ExternalCode's factions directory. The only difference is I thought, I'm not playing with anything here as it might too scary. ;)

I have written a couple of map generators, so I've dug around in there a bit. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk